What's new

Which Virtual CD program is better for Chankast?

Qubeley

Alcohol 120% latest version? Or Daemon tools latest version? I am trying to speed up the games a bit....

jdsony

Qubeley said:
Alcohol 120% latest version? Or Daemon tools latest version? I am trying to speed up the games a bit....

It likely won't make any difference in speed at all. I use daemon tools and I notice games run with less speed drops than running off of a real cd but in general the speed is mostly even. Using Alcohol 100% shouldn't give you any speed over Daemon Tools, the emulator is getting the information off the CD fast enough but likely your processor can't keep up. Newer versions of Chanka will probably run faster but it likely won't ever run full speed on say a 1ghz processor.

MasterPhW

Master of the Emulation Flame
I still preferred to use my own cds...
Didn't want to bumb up my HDD with over 60 DC game and mount them all...

Stezo2k

S-2K
i use alcohol 120%, i find it slightly more faster than daemon, but there shouldn't be that much difference

Nighty0

Gentoo n00b
i prefer alcohol 120%
daemon tools f*ck*d my XP installation in 3.4idontremember....... i restored my xp after 4 hours of manually deleting files & entries in safe mode + 4 hours trying to get support in DT forums without success...

posty_2k3

T3h pwn3r3r
I prefer Alcohol. First off, all i do is keep it in my task bar and double click the iso from the list and it mounts :p Second off, Daemon f*cks with my XP. Third off, Daemon causes more slowdowns than Alcohol over here.

OP
Q

Qubeley

Thanks for everyone's contribution. I am currently using Alcohol 52% to try out the virtual CD function. There is no speed increase in comparison with CDs, however it is more stable in game play.

OzTm

I have tried my .cdi image with Daemon Tools and it didn't work (the game was nothing but a music CD for Chankast :whistling ). When I mounted it with Alcohol 120% it worked.

shurikenman

Damn...I wanna be Sonic ^^
Well...there shouldn't be any difference at all...if you would compare A real CD drive with a Fast Hdd and deamon tools, deamon tools would be faster...but never slower dudes

Robpol86

Chankast beat Icarus...
.cdi images and all other images i have work with my daemon-tools. and it never screwes up, unless im trying to mount an image from sum1 elses computer over the network, then i get a nasty bluescreen on xp.. never tried alcohol 120%, i heard it isnt free?

Freesnake

i am surprised to Robpol86's memory quantity……2TB,my god, how can you get so large memory unit of Kingston PC3200?

Robpol86

Chankast beat Icarus...
Freesnake said:
i am surprised to Robpol86's memory quantity……2TB,my god, how can you get so large memory unit of Kingston PC3200?

i invented it
lol thnx 4 pointing that out

Glitcher

Alright I've got some good news and some bad news.

The good news is, I uninstalled Daemon 3.46 and installed 3.29 instead, and now I don't get an ioControl error any more. The bad news is, Chankast just closes after that DC spiral is drawn on the screen! I also tried mounting the image after the bios have loaded, but I still got the same results. I'm sooooo close to playing MVC2, but I keep bumping into one problem after another. Any other suggestions?