What's new

Forceware/Detonator drivers for Chankast

mike20599

I have a GeForce 4 Ti4200 and I've heard that instead of using the latest Forceware/Detonator drivers, I would be better off using some of the older ones since the newer ones are more optimized for the newer FX cards. Has anyone played around with different drivers and gotten better performance with Chankast? I'm also wondering about how good those unofficial StarStorm drivers are, but I'm a little hesitant to use anything that isn't official.

Orix

2GHz and Rising!
I'm using DetXP's, since the FarceWares suck on older cards.
It's true. nVidia's ForceWares are "Force" for a reason: Force you to upgrade to a new card, thereby netting them more money.

A computer I have, running Win2000, had older DetXPs. It could run "Gunbound" without a problem. 700MHz Duron machine, I may add.
I rolled it up to FarceWares, and couldn't even play ZSNES without it freezing and stuttering.
A rollback to the old 45.23's, and everything was pretty much fine again.
Try the rollback, and see what happens.

XBOX

CHANKA CONTRIBUTOR
true true, funny you cannot find gforce ti4600 but there are loads of crappy fx 5600 and 5700.

gforce ti46000 owns

OP
M

mike20599

Does anybody know of some sites that take a Geforce 4 and benchmark it with all the different drivers out there?

MasterPhW

Master of the Emulation Flame
mike20599 said:
Does anybody know of some sites that take a Geforce 4 and benchmark it with all the different drivers out there?
Not really sorry.
But this thread is a good change to check the GFX cards with it's driver versions. My experiences:
GFX card geforce 3 : forceware 61.11
sonic Adv. 2 = just agrey or blue screen ingame
MSR = DOn't come into game
THPS2 = see it and can play! :)
(more to come, I will edit my post later)

Can someone give me a advice what for drivers I should use or give some experiences, too? Would be great! THX

Freesnake

you should test every driver to find out the best one for your pc or emu.the newest one may not be the most suitable.

mezkal

Man on a mission
XBOX said:
true true, funny you cannot find gforce ti4600 but there are loads of crappy fx 5600 and 5700.

gforce ti46000 owns

Crappy?? Have u tried running a decent DX9 game with a ti4600?? Sure it may be quick but look how many effects, multi textures, and shaders aren't being drawn. LOL

That's like comparing a HUMVEE with a Porsche on the highway. Sure the Porsche will be faster but in combat I'd rather be in the hummer thanks :p

btw my specs for the record...

P4 800mhz FSB 2.6ghz OC'd too 3.13ghz (964mhz FSB - WOOT - suck it G5!)
512MB PC 3200 400Mhz DDRAM x 2
GigaByte 8IPE1000 Mobo
2 x 80 GB WD 7200 8mb cache HDD
Leadtek Winfast A350 XT (Geforce FX 5900 XT) 128MB
2 x 19" Gateway VX920 Diamondtron NF monitors
SB Live
Sidewinder Precision Pro
Sidewinder Gamepad Pro
etc etc

Oh and the reason why I want so much grunt? I do music :)

[url]www.acidplanet.com/mezkal [/url]

Have a listen one and all :) I'm working towards getting signed :) I'd love to hear what DC gamers think of my stuff

Cheers,

Mezkal