What's new

Fireball motions

mike20599

Does anyone else find it difficult to do fireball and dragon punch motions in fighting games? I think it's because they are not running at full speed. In MvsC 2 I get about 38 FPS and a lot of times my fireballs and dragon punches don't come out. In SF3 I get less than 30 FPS and I can't do them at all.

Qubeley

I find it difficult to do fireballs and dragon punchs as well. However back and forward motion for sonic boom similar a lot easier. It's probably has something to do with the speed and the I/O commands. Perhaps circular motion is not full emulated yet.

jdsony

Qubeley said:
I find it difficult to do fireballs and dragon punchs as well. However back and forward motion for sonic boom similar a lot easier. It's probably has something to do with the speed and the I/O commands. Perhaps circular motion is not full emulated yet.

I don't have too much trouble with MVSC2 to do fireballs and dragon punches. I am using the keyboard for the games because I despise that key config utility (the button numbering is off and it's a pain to configure). I do find that the controls are a little unresponsive due to the speed such as in Cannon Spike I have trouble pointing my guy in the right direction right when I want.

Glitcher

I can't really comment since I haven't managed to get MVC2 to work yet. But I will say this - when I played the arcade ROM of MVC on my PC, I had trouble pulling off some of the special moves. Then I moved the ROM to my laptop and I had no trouble at all. Why? Because my laptop's keys are flatter than a PC keyboard. A console pad is relatively flat, so the input time is a shade shorter than if you tried it on a PC keyboard. It's not much, but it makes a real difference.

Jupiter

Just a Jupi.
Hadouken and shoryuken motions are easy. Just type them in reeeeeeeeaaaaaaaaaaally sloooooooooooooooow. The controls lag a great deal, and motions often don't even get registered, but if you drag the motion out for about 1~2 seconds, it'll go through.

OP
M

mike20599

Jupiter said:
Hadouken and shoryuken motions are easy. Just type them in reeeeeeeeaaaaaaaaaaally sloooooooooooooooow. The controls lag a great deal, and motions often don't even get registered, but if you drag the motion out for about 1~2 seconds, it'll go through.

Yeah I just overclocked my system a bit for Chankast and it seems to work better. I wonder how sensitive the original DC controls were? Was it possible to execute moves too fast that they didn't register?