What's new

Out of curiosity. About self-booting mounted images.

Beta

This may sound dumb, but, I'm curious...

Does anybody know of a program, that will allow the <i>creation</i> of multi-session images? See, thing is... I'm all for playing with this Emu and stuff. For an alpha version this thing is bloody awesome in comparison to how some projects start. But for Homebrew stuff, I can't get anything I do in it to actually boot/run/whatever (and yes I know compatabilities are crap at the moment). So rather than wasting 5+ CDR's on a ALPHA version Emu, to see if I can get some of the stuff I've done to boot, does anyone know a method to make selfbooting images that I can mount, without touching an ACTUAL disc first?

Last edited:
OP
B

Beta

Yeah, only problem is Alcohol makes images from an existing Disc. So it's all well and good if I burn a disc and then rip the disc for the image, but do you know of any ways to exclude the disc creation, and make an image straight from the actual files?

Stezo2k

S-2K
Beta said:
Yeah, only problem is Alcohol makes images from an existing Disc. So it's all well and good if I burn a disc and then rip the disc for the image, but do you know of any ways to exclude the disc creation, and make an image straight from the actual files?

you'll have to re-selfboot it if you want to create a cd image from files, follow the tutorials, theres a batch file that does it all for you, that somebody posted in this forum :)

jackkill

selfboot not for image software ;-(

the selfbooting solution require the burning of the first audio track session in order to get the msinfo about the cd so in short the data.iso even by mounting it will not work on an image reader. the selfboot solution is only for burned cdrs.

Sultan

bin2boot outputs a .cdi you can mount in alcohol 120%, but the resulting .cdi didn't work for me. gave infinite IO errors in chankast. :(