What's new

Request

kanon

PLZ DUDe i think im talking in the name of a lot of users. Plz in the next version let non SSE prossesors run chankast. I´ve wait for soooo long for this emulator so please i know u maybe thinking "well dude buy another prossesor"but im my shitty country i can take that luxor.
hope u read, understand and help those like me.
thx
cya

steamover

Yeti & Snake Champion
if they develop a version without SSE optimization, you'll run the emu, but you won't be able to play games anyways (at 15fps?)... maybe the better you can do it's to buy a dc...cheaper than a processor... :bye3:

Elly

Good Lord. The authors owe you nothing from the start. Come to think of it, I dont think processors without SSE support will be sufficient to play chanka at full speed. So yeah, get a Dreamcast if you cant afford a new processor, its cheap nowadays.

Yours,
-Elly

Heinster

He's only begging.... That's way different then suggesting someone ows you....

But you're right with the emulator in it's current state it's wiser for someone who doesn't have the hardware (in vidcard,cpu,memory) or software(win2k,xp)to buy a Dreamcast

refraction

PCSX2 Coder
tbh taking of SSE for those who cant be bothered to upgrade is just a step backwards, slowing down the emu just to satisfy the minority of users, i dont think its in the teams best interest :)

i mean come on, all you have to get is an athlon xp, you can pick up a low end one of them for less than £50 ($70-$80 USD)

just look around, its cheaper than a dreamcast, but if all you want it for is to play the games then id say what has already been said, get yourself a dreamcast, however good the emu gets you cant beat the original experience.

Heinster

refraction said:
tbh taking of SSE for those who cant be bothered to upgrade is just a step backwards, slowing down the emu just to satisfy the minority of users, i dont think its in the teams best interest :)

i mean come on, all you have to get is an athlon xp, you can pick up a low end one of them for less than £50 ($70-$80 USD)

just look around, its cheaper than a dreamcast, but if all you want it for is to play the games then id say what has already been said, get yourself a dreamcast, however good the emu gets you cant beat the original experience.

Well except for one thing.... Every emu gets online support in the form of kaillera or something else sooner or later.... For me that would make the difference of wanting to play it on an emulator instead of a dreamcast... As long as that's not the case I totally agree with you....

steamover

Yeti & Snake Champion
well.. i want to use chankast (and generally all emus before console) because...

- My DC died :bye3:
- I don't have TV on my room right now.. :(
- More resolution, better (antialiasing,etc.) graphics, no load times, better memcard managing... there is a bunch of reasons for use an emu (a GOOD emu as Chankast 1.0..when it's done :happy: ) instead of the original hw..

As said before... go (if you can afford it) and buy a DC, or if i were you, i'll try to buy a new system (because if you upgrade the processor... you'll need a new motherboard and memory...and probably your vcard isn't enough too... but in the other hand you'll play DC emu... and HL2...and Doom3..etc.. perfect :))

(And of course, don't forget that playing games you don't own it's ~> illegal <~ :saint: ..except for rare japanese anime games :blush: ...lol...)

OP
K

kanon

hi, first of all, Elly read the post twice befere writing the first stupid thing that cross your mind, i know that the programers dont owe me a shit. but i was begging because i cant buy another so.(Now im thinking better it don´t say anything no matter how many times you read it just hide in your cave cos i dont want to see your ugly face)

For the others thx for answering, Heinster for standing for me.
But i just wandering if the sse funtions could be exchanged for 3dnow instructions or just sweet programing

thx again for answering
c ya(not u elly)

Elly

Erm, my post wasnt anything offensive to you (at least it wasnt meant to), but hey, thanks for your compliments. Good luck trying to run it on a 900 Mhz Processor :)

Yours,
-Elly

Clements

SSE optimisations probably give a big boost to the framerate. Without SSE, not only do you have a slow processor by default, you also have no SSE to receive a boost, thus will be horribly slow, especially the most graphically intensive games. If you wish to test Chanka, then buy either an Athlon XP or a Pentium III processor. The authors may make SSE just an option to boost speed (Like in Rice's Video plugin for N64) but this may not happen.

With a faster processor you'd still get a better frame rate anyway even if SSE was just selectable. With a 900MHz Duron, you'd probably get 20fps in the BIOs if that, since Cooliscool reported that his (decent) Tualatin @ 1.8GHz gets 50-60 fps in the BIOS with SSE optimisations, and his processor is many times faster than a 900MHz Duron.