What's new

Kernel32.dll error

dreamkast

I know that this problem has been already talked about. I just installed Directx 9.0b and restarted. However, it keeps comming up with the error. The error says this: "The procedure entry point MakeCriticalSectionGlobal could not be located in the dynamic link library KERNEL32.dll." Please help!

steamover

Yeti & Snake Champion
is your system up to date? ... check at windowsupdate.microsoft.com
and your antivirus with latest definitions?... it's VERY strange... check your system for virus.

OP
D

dreamkast

I feel stupid. I put the dll files inside the chankast folder such as: kernel32, ddraw, dd3d. I took the dlls out of the folder to see what it would do. What do you know, Chankast booted up with the configuration menu. Thanks for helping!

Xelit

I'm having the same problem. I'm running:

Windows XP Home Edition Service Pack 1
2.4 GHz Pentium 4
384 Ram
ATI Mobility Radeon 7500 Gfx

When I tried to run ChanKast it said I needed to get a few other items; bios, d3d9.dll, DDRAW.DLL, and KERNEL32.DLL. After finding all of the files I put them into the chankast folder, and it still has the error "The procedure entry point MakeCriticalSectionGlobal could not be located in the dynamic link library KERNEL32.dll." I tried doing what dreamkast said, removing the .dll's and it chankast just requested them again. What do I do?