What's new

Gamepads

AllSaint

Hey, great job on the emulator, I can say that I really appreciate the work you folks are putting into it.

I've got a question about gamepads. I have a Dual Action Logitech (it's exactly like a PS2 controller), and in your config, it lists my dpad as 'hat switch.' Because of this, I can't map anything to the dpad, and it gets VERY hard to do attacks with an analog joystick :) I have tried to edit it in the profile, but it's very sluggish and only works 20% of the time. Are you in the works better gamepad performance?

Again, thanks so much for all the hard work.

Evrain

The Forbidden One
Everything lies in the fact that the D-Pad is seen as a single button (guess the config util is a spin-off from Windows Controller Management itself), thus you can't map each direction to a button of the DC's D-Pad.
Guess that as soon as the source is released someone could pull off a simple ini based plugin.
Evrain

Stezo2k

S-2K
Works fine on my sidewinder :) even set the controls up automatically :)

only trouble i am having with the settings, is mapping the d-pad to my d-pad, because some games require it

but i don't mind that much :)

Davv13

AMD2000XP=512DDR=9600XT
yay that would be a big problem. I have a saitek 220 D pad only pad. Works great I'm only using the DC emu for capcom fighter games so a D pad must work good.

mirkuma

AllSaint said:
Hey, great job on the emulator, I can say that I really appreciate the work you folks are putting into it.

I've got a question about gamepads. I have a Dual Action Logitech (it's exactly like a PS2 controller), and in your config, it lists my dpad as 'hat switch.' Because of this, I can't map anything to the dpad, and it gets VERY hard to do attacks with an analog joystick :) I have tried to edit it in the profile, but it's very sluggish and only works 20% of the time. Are you in the works better gamepad performance?

Again, thanks so much for all the hard work.

I have the same problems with Thrustmaster Dual Analog 3 gamepad.
It also detect my d-pad as head switch and can't be configured at all.
It detects analog pad but analog pads don't work in Ikaruga!

See screenshot for more info:
config.png

Chainsawd

mirkuma said:
I have the same problems with Thrustmaster Dual Analog 3 gamepad.
It also detect my d-pad as head switch and can't be configured at all.
It detects analog pad but analog pads don't work in Ikaruga!

See screenshot for more info:
config.png

Change your input plugin to the 'Input interface by Elsemi', then when you go to pad config you get the nice graphical one and you can set the POV hat to work like the digital directional pad.