What's new

help getting chankast to work please?

dreamer

okay guys, chanka won't work and i don't know why not. i think i have everything i need but whenever i try to load a game (in this case Ikaruga as it is the only game i have), it crashes. the crash is one of those "chanka has encountered a problem and must now close..' please tell mircosoft about this problem, blah blah. as i can't think of much else to say i will post pics if it will help (i have tried pal + ntsc bios, both have the same result, and the first version of chanka has messed up graphics, but the second works perfect).

TheFreeman

Guardian of Destiny
First, I believe you are having way too many programs running in the background. Second, it would be really helpful for us if you were to post your specs (cpu, vcard, directx version, etc...). And third, please read the faq for the minimum and recommended system requirements.

P.S= Why do you have the ip.bin file on the CHANKA dir?

OP
D

dreamer

hey,
First, I believe you are having way too many programs running in the background. Second, it would be really helpful for us if you were to post your specs (cpu, vcard, directx version, etc...). And third, please read the faq for the minimum and recommended system requirements.

lets see, okay i'll close some programs - no effect
second yes i have read the faq for minimum requirements, and even downloaded a program to show if i had SSE compatibility, and it said SSE was enabled.

my specs:

Processor: AMD Athlon(tm) XP 2500+, MMX, 3DNow, ~1.8GHz
Memory: 256MB RAM
Page File: 167MB used, 2068MB available
DirectX Version: DirectX 9.0 (4.09.0000.0900)
Card name: NVIDIA GeForce4 Ti 4200 with AGP8X
Display Memory: 64.0 MB

yes i know i have low ram but i think that would cause slowdown rather than a whole non-responsive crash.

there, can someone help now with this?

OP
D

dreamer

P.S= Why do you have the ip.bin file on the CHANKA dir?

i was trying to get the game to work and read somewhere you need the ip.bin for some games to work. i got it and threw it in there not knowing what it does, what does it do and where should it go?

TheFreeman

Guardian of Destiny
The ip.bin file is not needed, only for running Soul Calibur (on the next CHANKA release, you wont need this file, for it will have an option to select VGA or not).

I think I found your problem= you need to update to directx 9.0b, and download the 56.72 drivers from nvidia.com.

Try it and let me know.

Ex0skelet0r

Unreal Assasin
dreamer as i can see from your first photo which the graphics does not appear properly you must have problem with your graphic card.update your drivers as the freeman says.

OP
D

dreamer

thanx guys (thefreeman) it took 40 mins to download the lastest graphics drivers but they work a treat :bouncy:

good old Ikaruga runs sweet :happy: