What's new

Anyone else meet the system requirements but cant use Chankast?

AP Raul

neo.Cultural.Revolution.c
I have an Athlon XP 2000 (1.78Ghz overclocked), 512ram, and and nvidia card. I read both tutorials (thats right, Spanish and English), so I followed all the instructions, all of them, made sure I had all the proper software and drivers, but I still couldn't get it going. I thought it was my computer, but I couldn't get it going on my cousin's Athlon 2400 neither. Does anyone else have this "freak" problem?

TheFreeman

Guardian of Destiny
Please specify the nature of your problem: what exactly is the thing that keeps you from trying this great emu?

OP
AP Raul

AP Raul

the error

i cant specify the error at this moment because I am on my Win98 drive, but i'll give you a brief description. i have a perfectly, well working MvsC2 bootable... as soon as I load it from the virtual drive the screen flickers on and off (as it should when the loading process initiates) but a few seconds after it flickers back on and while it is loading I get and error message. It is one of those error messages on XP that are the equivilent to Win9x's "This program has performed an illegal operation" errors. Sometimes it doesn't even begin to load and it goes straight to the error message.

TheFreeman

Guardian of Destiny
Well, I have an AMD Athlon XP 2400+ @ 2ghz , 512 DDRam, Motherboard ASUS a7v8x, Winfast GEFORCE 4 MX440 64 DDram @ AGP4x, latest nvidia drivers (56.72), Directx 9.0b and Win XP pro corporate SP1.
CHANKA runs great on my machine.

Maybe its a problem with your directx, or some virtual memory setting. Try raising the virtual memory page file to 1000-1300, see what happens. Do you have english Win XP? any weird regional settings? any background programs when you execute CHANKA?

OP
AP Raul

AP Raul

I have XP Pro and DirectX 9b. No background problems when I execute Chanka and no regional wierd regional settings. I'll check my virtual memory settings. Thanks for the help. I'll get back to you with the results.

OP
AP Raul

AP Raul

vms.bin

Okay, I did the virtual memory test, but I still get the same error. I was looking at another thread and I noticed that you suggested the latest nvidia driver to someone who had the same problem as I do. I have all the latest drivers for my mainboard and video card (56.72). So, I dont know whats wrong. I already tried it on my other XP hard drive and still no hope. The only difference that I notice between myself and everyone else is that I don't have the vms.bin. I cannot find it anywhere. Could that be my problem?

n00by duddy

the last nvidia driver is buggy, i can't use it, else it fux my comp up
i hard a really hard time in removing it last time
this is the 5th gefoece4 user i know of who can't run chankast
(windows xp closes it right after exiting bios)
i wish someone could send a geforce4 to chancast author to check this bug :saint:

TheFreeman

Guardian of Destiny
Well, I have a Geforce 4, and I run chankast just fine, with the usual crashes, but nothing weird.

Raul, do you have spanish windows or engilsh windows? Other than that, I cannot locate your problem.

gcnfan

I don't think you can play it on your computer because you specified that you have Windows 98. You need Windows XP (or 2000/NT I think also) to run this emulator, otherwise, there's no other way to run it in 98. You might as well wait for the next release.

OP
AP Raul

AP Raul

gcnfan, I have Windows XP Pro. Freeman, I have the English version. Any other suggestions? I guess I'll just wait for the next release. When is it out? In a couple of weeks? Also, I dont have the vms.bin. Is it neccessary???? I cant find it anywhere.

OP
AP Raul

AP Raul

PS: I am Windows98 right now because I use win98 to surf the net. I use WinXP for for games and all that good stuff.

r3v3rb

I have a gf3 ti500 and i have no joy when trying to run chankast either. I hear through a friend and from the authors that the new beta should fix some of the incompatibilities between computers. It was a known bug.

Strange

I tested Chanka on GF3Ti500 - works fine... But GF family bug with polygons in some games is really annoying...

ultratails42

Im having a slight problem. Mainly mine wont let me open the configure controls panel. Is there like an INI file someone could send me that has pre binded controls. I figure Chanka like most will make a .ini file for controller commands but i cant even open that window and it's keeping me from seeing if it all works for me cause every single game just comes up with the no memory card message and i cant click "Continue without saving"

Stezo2k

S-2K
My brothers pc also meets the requirements, the emulator just closes when i click init

his pc is: Athlon XP 2000+, 256MB DDR RAM, Geforce 2 MX400, Windows XP Pro SP1, Direct X 9B, Fairly recent nvidia drivers (from early this year)

Strange really... Oh well, i'm glad it works on my PCs :)

OP
AP Raul

AP Raul

With the use of 3Danalyzer and the introduction of the Chanka Utilities, I still can't get it to work. :plain: