What's new

Game Testing= Letter to the Authors

TheFreeman

Guardian of Destiny
Well, I just mailed this following letter to Chanka's authors, without response so far:

"Hello guys, I must tell you I am soo excited about a DC emulator,
that it made my life a happier one :)
And a question: does the name "CHANKA" is a shortword for "CHANCLETA"?
Because Chancleta is the little shoe you have instead of the letters "A" on
the CHANKA logo. If so, nice :)

Well, I just wanted to inform you that I have a bit of a problem with
CHANKA. I tested these games: Power Stone 2, and Marvel vs Capcom 2, and
found out that, though I was AMAZED to see how almost perfect the emulator
runs, with no slowdown in the gameplay or whatever, I discovered that after
a short while, the game would stop loading (in MVSC 2, when you advance to
the third group of enemies, and in PS2, when you are going to the third
stage) and then CHANKA would stop responding. Why is this?

I have an AMD Athlon XP 2400+ , 512DDR of RAM, Motherboard ASUS a7v8x,
Windows XP professional corp edition, SP1, Directx 9.0b, Leadtek Winfast
Geforce 4mx440 64 DDR with the latest NVIDIA drivers (56.72).

If you want, I can send you the DXDIAG, if you need it.

Please help me solve this problem, if you can. And I am MORE than grateful
for you being so generous and releasing this AMAZINGGGGGG emulator. A dream
come true :)"

And also, Street Fighter III: Third Strike plays for a while, then crashes to windows cause the virtual memory is too low. I have 900-1200 virtual memory page file set.

I hope a solution is at hand. Cheers :p

Trotterwatch

A lot of the random freezes have been fixed (from what I hear) and were due to an error in a certain component of the emulator.

OP
TheFreeman

TheFreeman

Guardian of Destiny
Thank you for replying. So are you saying that the random freezes will mostly not be there on the next release?

Aks

Most Likely, This project isnt gonna be done in 2 weeks or something. It's going to have alot of bugs, and people are gonna continually e-mail them about fixes(I feel so bad for them). If it doesn't work in the Alpha, it might work in the beta, if it doesnt work in the beta, wait longer.. cya

OP
TheFreeman

TheFreeman

Guardian of Destiny
I believe you misinterpreted my intentions here. I am not requesting for a solution, I am merely informing my personal experience and results with this amazing emulator, for the sake of enhancing it, and giving my support.
I hope you understand.

Aks

ohhkay, sorry man, yeah I bet there's tons of people that just test a couple levels and claim it's "fully playable", but at one point the emu crashes when you get further into the game. I see your point now.

Trotterwatch

Evrain said:
Trotterwatch, can you be more specific about the component?
Evrain
I would if I could, but I'm kinda trepid to do so in case I've got it all wrong ;) 'I think' it was a small error in the 'MMU' code.

Note: Above could be bollocks :)

madprofessor

zito oi penses
TheFreeman said:
I believe you misinterpreted my intentions here. I am not requesting for a solution, I am merely informing my personal experience and results with this amazing emulator, for the sake of enhancing it, and giving my support.
I hope you understand.

yeah that the spirit! that is what i try to do too because this gives me the most probably fake idea that i help the project :blush:
it is obvious that there are enough people closer to the authors for this feedback :bouncy: but also some other dude that faced the same errors feels better because he knows its not his system.

and there is always the donation help as alternative :p

MANY THANKS TO THE AUTHORS AGAIN and again and again :party: