What's new

Chakast Crash

TheCrowX

Hi i tried to run Chakast for about 100 times but it craches every time i click on init
i have WinXP proSP1
a p3 733MHZ
and anold graphic card as anvidia vanta lt with 8 MO mermory 56.72 driver
dx9 installed
also i have the bios and the correct one (flash+bios)
and also Deamon as a virtual disk + capcom vs snk 2
so plz what s the matter :party: :plain:

ray16

The Grand Potatomaster
With your CPU and video card, it's not even worth trying to get it to work. I don't even think Capcom Vs SNK 2 will run at playable speeds.

OP
T

TheCrowX

ray16 said:
With your CPU and video card, it's not even worth trying to get it to work. I don't even think Capcom Vs SNK 2 will run at playable speeds.

I know that it s not playable on my system but it doesn t even work :)
i want to know why and is there anythng else to do to fix the problem

ray16

The Grand Potatomaster
TheCrowX said:
I know that it s not playable on my system but it doesn t even work :)
i want to know why and is there anythng else to do to fix the problem

Wait, if you know it won't be playable why are you even trying?... o_O

OP
T

TheCrowX

ray16 said:
Wait, if you know it won't be playable why are you even trying?... o_O

Who said i m trying to play with the i ve just reported a bug and i want to c if i can run the emu on my system not to play with the emu
it s just for fun :saint:

r3v3rb

TheCrowX said:
Thanx a lot cooliscool I know now where the problem come from :) :yucky:

Not strictly true, cooliscool, unfortunately i have a geforce3 ti200, but chanka crashes when selecting 'init'. An email from the chanka team informed me that it is a known bug on certain configurations and that they are doing their very best to fix it with chanka beta.

:crazy:

Glitcher

I had this problem, too. If you can't wait for the next version, try downloading Analyze 3D and running that. Select the Capcom hack of Chankast with A3D and check "force SW Tnl" and "force 16bit Zbuffer (without stencil)" from the list of options. Now run Chankast through A3D and try initialising again. You might get better results.

Crowmeister

SPOOOOOOOOON
Glitcher said:
I had this problem, too. If you can't wait for the next version, try downloading Analyze 3D and running that. Select the Capcom hack of Chankast with A3D and check "force SW Tnl" and "force 16bit Zbuffer (without stencil)" from the list of options. Now run Chankast through A3D and try initialising again. You might get better results.

What is this Analyze 3D? And where do I download it?

OP
T

TheCrowX

No more Craches

even with my poor video card now chankast run with the new version :)
chankast team Keep un the good work :)

Pimp

Banned
TheCrowX said:
even with my poor video card now chankast run with the new version :)
chankast team Keep un the good work :)

please get a better graphic card, its painfull to know that i have a 256mb card while some other people still using 8mg dinossaur card.

ray16

The Grand Potatomaster
milen said:
Lol 256mb , today games don't need more than 64mb. Fast 64mb card can Play all of the games

You shouldn't generalize, Unreal Tournament 2004 and FarCry fully utilize 128Meg cards when running on high detail levels, and I'm sure Doom 3 and HL2 will too. And there's a problem with that second part, there are no fast 64Meg cards anymore, all fast cards these days are 128Megs and up. Unless you consider a 64Meg GeForce 4 MX fast (and if you do, you're crazy)... o_O

manboy

8mo? this is an english forum last i checked... 8MB
anyway you obviously didnt read the chankast tutorial otherwise you would see you are no where close to meeting the minimum requirements...
the fact that you expect this emu to do ANYTHING on your system is madness. NUFF SAID :term:

Last edited:

Jigga0o7

Overclocking Junkie
milen said:
Lol 256mb , today games don't need more than 64mb. Fast 64mb card can Play all of the games

Try playing UT2004 on a 64mb card at 1600x1200 32 bit HQ 4x AA 16x AF.

UT2004%202004-06-19%2012-45-22-001.jpg