PDA

View Full Version : Beta screenshots ;)

[vEX]
June 2nd, 2004, 22:40
I've added some Shenmue screenshots from the latest beta over at EF:
- Shenmue (http://www.emufanatics.com/gallery.php?func=screens&id=167&gid=27)
- Shenmue 2 (http://www.emufanatics.com/gallery.php?func=screens&id=167&gid=28)
- Shenmue Passport (http://www.emufanatics.com/gallery.php?func=screens&id=167&gid=29)

Enjoy ;)

posty_2k3
June 2nd, 2004, 22:43
Awesome. Thats all ive got to say. Awesome :D

JKidd
June 2nd, 2004, 22:44
dude that looks good.Cant wait for this beta.

[vEX]
June 2nd, 2004, 22:49
dude that looks good.Cant wait for this beta.
Private beta, but I understand that you meant the next release ;)

JKidd
June 2nd, 2004, 22:58
Yah i just hope it comes out before my internet gets cut off :plain:

Stezo2k
June 2nd, 2004, 23:13
nice screenshots, cannot wait mate :)

cheers for sharing mate

[vEX]
June 3rd, 2004, 00:02
No need to thank me, I'm just took some screenshots, the real credit goes to the authors! :)

posty_2k3
June 3rd, 2004, 00:03
Wait, you took the pics? So you are a beta tester or sumtin?

*psst* if u are, gimme beta *psst*
j/k, lol

Ex0skelet0r
June 3rd, 2004, 00:15
vex can you tell as your system specs?
awesome photos..

Chris_W
June 3rd, 2004, 00:33
Stezo2k
Chancast owns ;) << i dunno it will have a hard job living upto Chankast mate ;) yes i have noticed that you seem to love the word Mate :plain: :D

so i made you a smillie

cooliscool
June 3rd, 2004, 00:35
LOL Chris, so true. :P

Anyway, nice shots. What's up with Ryo? His eyes freak me out. :D The passport/main menu music of Shenmue will probably make me cry.. so many awesome memories. :cry:

btw, [vEX]'s specs are all in his profile. :)

Felipe
June 3rd, 2004, 00:48
']I've added some Shenmue screenshots from the latest beta over at EF:
- Shenmue (http://www.emufanatics.com/gallery.php?func=screens&id=167&gid=27)
- Shenmue 2 (http://www.emufanatics.com/gallery.php?func=screens&id=167&gid=28)
- Shenmue Passport (http://www.emufanatics.com/gallery.php?func=screens&id=167&gid=29)

Enjoy ;)

it would very good in my opinion that this thread would be sticky,or i'm wishing too much? :naughty:

yyyc186
June 3rd, 2004, 03:09
does it work on win2k better? (ie. the no control tab and the audio cd cf. auto-boot issue). Can someone close to the authors confirm whether this is a win2k limitation that won't be/can't be/they aren't interested in fixing in which case I'll risk an upgrade or whether it will be fixed.

XBOX
June 3rd, 2004, 07:47
you guys should know that chanka uses DIRECTX 9 , this is the best rendering system system avalable for any platform, chanka is a poweful emulator with no doubt.

Dreamcast procesing power is equal to a Pentium 4 1600 MHZ on teh processor side only , the power VR graphic sytem is like having Ati radeon 9600, the operating system spoils al the processig power, chanka doesnt emulate all teh graphic extensions of teh system, i have run it in debuging mode and noticed several null and false rendeing calls.
we can hope for better graphics :bouncy:

JKidd
June 3rd, 2004, 07:57
Weird Dreamcast has more procesing power then a XBox.Cause dosent an XBox have a procesing power of over 700 MHZ?

Stezo2k
June 3rd, 2004, 08:02
Stezo2k
Chancast owns ;) << i dunno it will have a hard job living upto Chankast mate ;) yes i have noticed that you seem to love the word Mate :plain: :D

so i made you a smillie

lol cheers

very funny guys :P

the beta looks good though, i'm quite impressed :)

Doomulation
June 3rd, 2004, 09:12
Weird Dreamcast has more procesing power then a XBox.Cause dosent an XBox have a procesing power of over 700 MHZ?
As many n00bs do not know; not only the "MHz" of the processor counts. Even though it may have a slower mhz, it may still be as effective as a processor with more mhz. Example: amd's athlon processors vs. intel's p4.

JKidd
June 3rd, 2004, 09:57
well im not a big computer expert so dont call me a noob.

refraction
June 3rd, 2004, 10:18
well im not a big computer expert so dont call me a noob.

anyone else find that kinda funny? :D

Doomulation
June 3rd, 2004, 11:04
anyone else find that kinda funny? :D
Funny. But also I didn't call you n00b, JKidd. But other "n00bs."

JKidd
June 3rd, 2004, 11:28
oh i see what you mean now just a little mis communication.But i no little about the technical stuff bout computers.LOL

DuDe
June 3rd, 2004, 12:15
the power VR graphic sytem is like having Ati radeon 9600, the operating system spoils al the processig power, chanka doesnt emulate all teh graphic extensions of teh system, i have run it in debuging mode and noticed several null and false rendeing calls.
What the hell are you talking about? The Power VR chip is at best a GeForce2 equivalent card.

Heinster
June 3rd, 2004, 12:17
You musn't forget that even when a console uses the same cpu as a pc then still the console will out perform the pc by a factor 10 atleast (in emulation that is).... Why you ask?

1- Console is made for tv and doesn't need high resolutions which saves alot of processing power(try running many new pc games on 1600x1200 or 800-600 and spot the difference ;))

2- Don't have all these background programs running that a pc needs

3- It's solepurpose is games and this is also found in the architecture of the hardware

4- Emulation is about simulating allmost every chip on board the console, so before running the game alot of power is lost in recreating the hardware....

Davv13
June 3rd, 2004, 12:47
No she said equals actully the DC is a 200mhz

kokoko3k
June 3rd, 2004, 15:36
I will buy an Xbox II or a PS III , but i want it !

That's all :)

Sign the petition for shenmue III !
www.petitiononline.com/shen1986

cooliscool
June 3rd, 2004, 18:29
you guys should know that chanka uses DIRECTX 9 , this is the best rendering system system avalable for any platform, chanka is a poweful emulator with no doubt.

Dreamcast procesing power is equal to a Pentium 4 1600 MHZ on teh processor side only , the power VR graphic sytem is like having Ati radeon 9600, the operating system spoils al the processig power, chanka doesnt emulate all teh graphic extensions of teh system, i have run it in debuging mode and noticed several null and false rendeing calls.

P4 1.6? LOL. Ati Radeon 9600? LOL. More like having a PowerVR Kyro I/II. The tile based rendering system makes it different from ANY PC graphics card EXCEPT PowerVR's own PC counterparts.

[vEX]
June 3rd, 2004, 18:45
posty_2k3: Sure am, did you see those Chankast videos a while ago? ;)

Ex0skelet0r: I thought I had it in my signature, thanks for pointing it out.

ray16
June 3rd, 2004, 20:01
This screenshot is so damn funny.

http://www.emufanatics.com/screens/Chankast/Shenmue/Shenmue_14.jpg

unai
June 3rd, 2004, 20:18
Je je je, yes it is :-) all that kind of bugs have been fixed, now shemue 1 & 2 work fine

[vEX]
June 4th, 2004, 13:10
I've added another bunch of Shenmue/Shenmue 2 screenshots. With this new beta it looks sweet!
Shenmue - Part 2: http://www.emufanatics.com/gallery.php?func=screens&id=167&gid=30.
Shenmue 2 - Part 2: http://www.emufanatics.com/gallery.php?func=screens&id=167&gid=31.

Enjoy ;)

Ex0skelet0r
June 4th, 2004, 13:23
come on guys..
left some bugs for the next releases.dont fix them all now
:D :D :D :D :D

r34per
June 4th, 2004, 15:28
so, when the next release comes out, shenmue will be playable?

steamover
June 5th, 2004, 09:19
:saint: ... could you say an ETA for next version? :saint:

Waan2k
June 5th, 2004, 12:35
yeah I think the Chanka team are doing a great job with the emu :)

I hope that the next release, it will have a little bit extra speed and maybe a lot of texture fixes to some games :).

also hope they get that MMU emulating soon, that will make a lot of games start to show up :).

I can't wait for next release :)

ray16
June 5th, 2004, 13:27
I'm hoping for less crashes in some of the games I've been playing. Metropolis Street Racer for example runs at playable speeds all the time but crashes after one race (for me, at least). I'm also hoping for some sound fixes, like the bug in powerstone where the sound that plays when the K.O. image appears repeats over and over until you get a chance to pause and unpause the game.

jareg
June 5th, 2004, 14:01
ioControl error fixing would be nice

Davv13
June 5th, 2004, 14:45
I will be donating next to the project. I don't know if this hepls or but that Io control problem I was getting that to when playing CvSpro so I redownloaded again I put it in diff image format and I don't get the Io control problem anymore.

BlackNinja
June 5th, 2004, 16:08
next release go fast plz.
ps:fight 3 rounds in marvel x capcom 2 and crash this is dammed ">
GO CHANKAST I WAIT FOR PLAY SHENMUE FOR 3 4 YEARS \o/
GOOD WORK TEAM
transparency problems in bios fix too plz ,other question this is funny in top of screen im read chankast alpha 0.1 next release beta huahuahuaau this is funny hahuhauhahu
have possibilites make eta for next release or no?

Keith
June 5th, 2004, 19:45
Very nice work guys and great screens [vEX] :D

Jupiter
June 6th, 2004, 09:27
Wheee! I've spent the last couple days ripping, resizing, and cleaning sprites from 3rd Strike. I'm also going crazy in the process, as few things are more tedious than resizing sprites stretched to hell by the Dreamcast. Vertical resolution is a snap - just reduce by 50%. Horizontal resolution, on the other hand, is by no means cut and dry... the horizontal resolution is 160.313316~% of the original resolution, and leaves no clean way to resize. Superfluous lines have to be eliminated by hand. I can't tell you how nice it would be if Chanka didn't run in VGA mode... could just use the Start+Y screen mode to run it at double arcade resolution and be done with it.

But hey, at least I have Frankie (http://www.fightersgeneration.com/main.htm) to pick up the slack and rip what I don't. And possibly what I do, which will leave me screaming, but it's for a good cause. Would be nice if Double Impact were playable so I could nab the hadouken from New Generation (can't stand those ugly things from 2nd Impact and 3rd Strike >_>), but beggers can't be choosers. Plus I still have a live Dreamcast + VGA box to use as a cheat sheet of sorts (was helpful in removing the fireball from Ken's hadouken animation entirely), so it can all still be done, even if slowly and painfully.

Talas
June 6th, 2004, 14:38
And why are you doing that? Making a Flash Movie or something?

[vEX]
June 6th, 2004, 18:01
Dead Or Alive 2 anyone? :)
Dead Or Alive 2 gallery: http://www.emufanatics.com/gallery.php?func=screens&id=167&gid=32

Freesnake
June 6th, 2004, 18:06
i am not intesting in shenmue at all.it gave me some ugly memory.

cooliscool
June 6th, 2004, 19:00
']Dead Or Alive 2 anyone? :)
Dead Or Alive 2 gallery: http://www.emufanatics.com/gallery.php?func=screens&id=167&gid=32

Oh Kasumi.. :flowers: :bounce:

jareg
June 6th, 2004, 19:35
Hay Vex you are teasing us

CANT WAIT FOR THE NEXT RELEASE :bouncy:
AND DONT FORGET GOOD JOB LIKE ALWAYS :saint:

Jupiter
June 7th, 2004, 02:24
And why are you doing that? Making a Flash Movie or something?
Nope! Just been wanting to have SFIII sprites for a longass time. Game's only been around for seven years, and since CPS3 has just about no chance whatsoever of being emulated, I've been really anxious to find any way at all to rip the sprites. I mean, there's already a VGA box for Dreamcast, so the issue of running DC games on a monitor distortion-free means nothing to me, but the promise of ripping sprites from the more recent Capcom games that can't be emulated anywhere else? SIGN ME UP! That's why I've been following Icarus for the last couple years... >_>
Amusing how Icarus didn't even wind up being the project that would grant me my wish, though. But I have no complaints.
Now if only I could get a way to rip Red Earth sprites... >_>

Zwei_Fuss
June 7th, 2004, 13:15
Hey Jupiter, fellow spriter!

I have been working on SF3 idle animations for the past week and found a really efficient way of doing it using ImageMagick, a free command-line imaging software. Of course I still use PSP for masking and such, but if you want further details on my process send me a private message and I'll lay it out for you, it'll speed it up for sure! Here is a sample of my latest one:

http://www.uoguelph.ca/~jnowak/images/sf3/gill.gif

To see all my gifs go here:

www.uoguelph.ca/~jnowak/images

I've already sent some to Fighter's Generation, so you might see them there.

cheers!

-ZF

R00ster
June 7th, 2004, 14:10
Nice Zwei_Fuss, really nice work.

Jupiter
June 7th, 2004, 16:16
Nice work, indeed. Whatever your process is, it's faster than mine.
I've been using a little image mask that I toss on top of each sprite so I can quickly see which lines need to be eliminated... in MS Paint. I'm strange like that. You've accomplished a whole lot more than I have, though - I spent most of my time cleaning up an animation of Ken's hadouken by glancing back and forth at New Generation frames on my other monitor (have I mentioned that I can't stand 3rd Strike's fireballs?), which, I'll add, is quite similar to a tactic I was using to forge SFIII sprites for the past couple years when I got bored. I felt proud when I saw just how close my approximations came to the actual sprites; usually, only the color was off. But that's another long, boring story.

achiles
June 7th, 2004, 19:16
']Dead Or Alive 2 anyone? :)

I wonder what where the specs of the system running that game cuz it doesnt run faster than 20fps. pretty cool though at least it is emulated.

Stezo2k
June 7th, 2004, 19:45
I wonder what where the specs of the system running that game cuz it doesnt run faster than 20fps. pretty cool though at least it is emulated.

Nice to see that game emulated, i take it that version is 0.2 :)

nice work

cooliscool
June 7th, 2004, 20:54
Zwei: Could those animations be sped up?

Zwei_Fuss
June 7th, 2004, 21:01
Zwei: Could those animations be sped up?

Well yes and no. If you watch them individually in a browser they might be faster. But I've discovered that I can't get anything below 6/100 to work properly. Therefore most of the animations aren't accurate to the game :(

I think it's just IE doesn't like it or something. I've also noticed on slower computers viewing all those animations on the page at once slows them down as well. I personally hate the animated GIF format, it's so innefficient in how it stores pictures, and there's timing issues and other problems. I think eventually I will just make a flash website or something. I am also frustrated with the timing, so you're not the only one who noticed that.

-ZF

BlackNinja
June 10th, 2004, 06:17
what happen no news no new release cmon mans fix bug crash plz

HowardC
June 10th, 2004, 07:03

I know english isn't your native language so maybe it's a language barrier, but you know that asking for bug fixes and release info constantly on a program that is still in alpha is extremely annoying right?

Waan2k
June 10th, 2004, 15:20
very nice DOA 2 screens, can't wait for next release :)

Phreaky
June 10th, 2004, 15:41
Just noticed in those DOA2 shots a new screen text has appeared, by the looks of it it appears to be CPU Usage?

mezkal
June 10th, 2004, 15:45

Hi My name is BlackNinja....but you can refer to me as L337warezKiddie... I have no manners and no respect. I played a Dreamcast once but it was grey and called a Playstation. It had really cool gfx and l33t penux functions that I would share with Mom....shhh I shouldn't have said that she's coming now.....

Oops

:P

lasly
June 10th, 2004, 15:55

It's People like you that is killing the emulation scene...Haze quit because of people like you , stop this kind of request.. U definlty Suxxx.. :(

lasly
June 10th, 2004, 16:00
next release go fast plz.
ps:fight 3 rounds in marvel x capcom 2 and crash this is dammed ">
GO CHANKAST I WAIT FOR PLAY SHENMUE FOR 3 4 YEARS \o/
GOOD WORK TEAM
transparency problems in bios fix too plz ,other question this is funny in top of screen im read chankast alpha 0.1 next release beta huahuahuaau this is funny hahuhauhahu
have possibilites make eta for next release or no?

Do something.. Ban him.. look at his 3 post...

BlackNinja
June 10th, 2004, 16:25
mezkal lol
dont ask for you emulation team not have news for player shut up guy im dont talk to you go bathroom and ..............
ps:news=information progress im ask.
thx for help

mezkal
June 10th, 2004, 16:37
mezkal lol
dont ask for you emulation team not have news for player shut up guy im dont talk to you go bathroom and ..............
ps:news=information progress im ask.
thx for help

BlackNinja, I would never ever dream of helping you. Not even if you really needed it (say for example you were running out of a burning building and your were covered in flames....I wouldn't pi....you get the drift I'm sure). So why don't you go back to annoying your parents (Are we There YET? Can I have some more icecream? Mom why do I look like the postman?) and leave us true Dreamcast believers alone.

Thanks and Have a Really ****ty Day :)

Mezkal

Heinster
June 10th, 2004, 16:42
LOL :D :devil:

achiles
June 10th, 2004, 18:49
BlackNinja, I would never ever dream of helping you. Not even if you really needed it (say for example you were running out of a burning building and your were covered in flames....I wouldn't pi....you get the drift I'm sure). So why don't you go back to annoying your parents (Are we There YET? Can I have some more icecream? Mom why do I look like the postman?) and leave us true Dreamcast believers alone.

Mezkal

That is so FU@%!%& funny lol!

OzTm
June 10th, 2004, 20:28

Mezkal

ROFL

At least we are having a lot of fun reading this... (I'm a pretty optimistic guy :) )

Vegeta
June 11th, 2004, 02:34
I just want to play Shenmue 1 & 2 with 8xFSAA and 8xAS since it didn't look so clean on the Dreamcast :term: :P

ScottJC
June 11th, 2004, 03:07
Why are you all picking on BlackNinja? I've seen far worse people than him, from what i've seen its over comments and post cost, heh, I could easily do that with most of you 100 posters or less, I have over 860 posts, does that give me a right to pick on people? ;)

mezkal what you said was just mean, thats my honest opinion, you need to grow up more than you imply blackninja needs to.

Now, had blackninja requested a DC iso or break the rules, then is the time to attack :D

achiles
June 11th, 2004, 03:23
Why are you all picking on BlackNinja? I've seen far worse people than him, from what i've seen its over comments and post cost, heh, I could easily do that with most of you 100 posters or less, I have over 860 posts, does that give me a right to pick on people? ;)

mezkal what you said was just mean, thats my honest opinion, you need to grow up more than you imply blackninja needs to.

Now, had blackninja requested a DC iso or break the rules, then is the time to attack :D

The reason mezkal picked on him is because he has been seen posting on other ppls threads and has made new topics about chankast on another ppls forums.

mezkal
June 11th, 2004, 09:32
The reason mezkal picked on him is because he has been seen posting on other ppls threads and has made new topics about chankast on another ppls forums.

Sayargh I would advise that you look @ BlackNinja's post before accusing me of being "mean". He got what he deserved.

Nuff Said

Mezkal

OzTm
June 11th, 2004, 11:00

Q: When is the next version going to be released?
A: When it will be ready, so please don't ask.
He has been more than requesting new versions, he was actually repeatedly harrasing everyone with this idea, forbidden in the FAQ.