What's new

NRG, ISO etc..

Status
Not open for further replies.

DarthDazDC

An Alright Guy
hi, ive been trying to burn virtual tennis 2k2 to a cd, but when i load it up into my dreamcast, it only tries to play music. I burnt it as an .nrg file type, but do i have to put in the ip.bin file or to try and convert it to .BIN?
Thanks.

OP
DarthDazDC

DarthDazDC

An Alright Guy
ive downloaded the ip.bin but on the tool it only shows the type .bin, and this image is .nrg, so is there a way to convert it?

Last edited:

Stezo2k

S-2K
DarthDazDC said:

install alchohol 120% from www.alcohol-soft.com

install it, open it, where it says virtual cd rom at the bottom of the window, right click on it, then mount, select your cd image, click ok

now xp will come up with a window asking what do you want to do with the cd? click view files, grab the ip.bin

OP
DarthDazDC

DarthDazDC

An Alright Guy
Ex0skelet0r i followed ur tutorial, but im on a laptop so ive only got one cd drive, so it keeps sayin error. Also when u have to imput the directory, do u have to type in where the iso is or where the selfboot files are?

Ex0skelet0r

Unreal Assasin
where the selfboot files are..
you havent the game on a cd?try using alcohol then.if you have it on a cd set the same drive for reader and writer(your cd drive is cd/rw?)

Ex0skelet0r

Unreal Assasin
then write the game in a cd and set the same drive for reader and writer.when the program ask for a black cd insert a blank cd.this should work
tell me the error.

OP
DarthDazDC

DarthDazDC

An Alright Guy
i think i got it to work, but what do i input here?
dc.GIF

Trotterwatch

If you can read he says:

1ST_READ.bin (hit enter)
IP.bin is thus the name of the bootsector - heck it even tells you on the screenshot you posted

OP
DarthDazDC

DarthDazDC

An Alright Guy
Night!

Right. Thats it. I give up. for 6 HOURS ive been tryin to get virtual tennis 2 to work on my dc. I've patched the ip.bin to the iso and burned it but it didnt work. i followed a long tutorial on dc emulation and it still didn't work. And EVERY time when i put the cd (or about 7 so far) into th dc it ALWAYS showed the audio player. I go onto play but it goes back to the bootup screen. So i'm callin it a day. But if anyone has successfully burned an image onto a cd and it worked on a dreamcast just like an original gd-rom then please, PLEASE post here and say what u did so i can get it right next time. Also I used a .nrg image but i read that was ok because the dc could read it. Thanks a lot.

Ex0skelet0r

Unreal Assasin
man...
when you try my tutorial in the end the batch file has burn the game in a cd?
dont try to burn it like a data cd or something else..its not so simple
the other guys havents post anything because they have follow the tutorial...just like that..they havent done anything else

Status
Not open for further replies.