What's new

street fighter third strike help!

dogtanian

I've just found this amazing emulator and want to be able to play street fighter third strike! I have the dreamcast third strike CD and the capcom hack version of the emulator but now i dont know what to do. can someone please tell me step by step what I need to do so that I can play the game. I would use the tutorial but its in spanish not english. thank you.

steamover

Yeti & Snake Champion
there's an english version at chanka's official web... www.chanka.org.

Anyways...

1st) mount the backup or insert the CD on your drive.

2nd) Start chankast capcom hack, select your drive unit, and press Init.

I suppose you already have the bios and flash..if not...search on google how to dump it from your DC..

OP
D

dogtanian

what do you mean by dump it from my dc..... anyways, when i try to load it it comes up like an audio cd... what should i do.

OP
D

dogtanian

my cd is an official game cd which i bought from the shops, i dont know if that means its self bootable.

-Shadow-

Banned
it's not self-bootable then ;)

Don't even try to ask how to dump a game to a iso , it's forbidden to ask for it ;)

Davv13

AMD2000XP=512DDR=9600XT
the real DC games don't work with chanka. I know web site where they sell 2$ backups 5 for shipping. Foeget about dumping it leave it to the pros it's better to just download it off of bit torrent or buy the backups from a website.

OP
D

dogtanian

okay so i gotta download it instead.... gee wizz.... so once ive downloaded it, do i have to burn it to a cd or something?

Davv13

AMD2000XP=512DDR=9600XT
Don't get snappy, no don't burn it, chanka works with the images, mount it with alcohol120 or daemon tools=which I think works great. But if you ever want to burn it then use alcohol120 which is great for burning.Then you should be good to go.

OP
D

dogtanian

sorry didnt mean to sound snappy, thats not what i was doing :eek:) i will try what you said... not sure what mounting it does but i will try it tomorrow. when i select a drive to init from which will i select if there is no cd to do it from?

Davv13

AMD2000XP=512DDR=9600XT
Well once you install Daemon tools or (alcohol120%=this one I use) it will give you a letter F: in the configure drive in the emulator click on it anf then click ok. First before all this make a image with A120% make image in ccd type. once done right click on image while still being in the A120% window and click mount image. Then start emu and there you go this is the way I did it and I was able to play CvsS2 and SFthird strike.

jareg

Just A Guy
Well when i start a match in Sf Third strike i get a error messages what says that Microsoft visual studio as ennoured a runtime error and will be terminated so that makes it unplayable
Am i the only 1

OP
D

dogtanian

Okay thank you for all of your help, the game loads but there are funny graphics gittering all over the screen and as soon as i get into a match it says an error about not enough virtual memory... im thinking i might need more RAM, could this be it? I have a 2400 AMD Athlon, Geforce4 64mb, and i think my ram is 256mb.

steamover

Yeti & Snake Champion
yes, you may need more RAM, the emu allocates +90mb starting a game... also check your virtual memory settings on your control panel, maybe it's fixed, or your harddrive doesn't have enough free space. And try to close all background programs (like emule, antivirus, firewalls...) to free more memory.