What's new

"Modding" Chankast .exe

Evrain

The Forbidden One
I had an half idea to user ResHacker to translate into something slightly clearer the menubar of the chankast main executable, and perhaps add an option in the "Help" dropdown to show an HTML guide I'm preparing for the Italian version. is this possible using said tools wwithout messing up the exe code? Or the source is compulsory?
Evrain

wizzy

Evrain said:
I had an half idea to user ResHacker to translate into something slightly clearer the menubar of the chankast main executable, and perhaps add an option in the "Help" dropdown to show an HTML guide I'm preparing for the Italian version. is this possible using said tools wwithout messing up the exe code? Or the source is compulsory?
Evrain

Ita: Fregnacce ! / eng: bullshit :)

Remote

probaly better to make the guide first and post it here / email to the authors...

Stezo2k

S-2K
wizzy said:
Ita: Fregnacce ! / eng: bullshit :)

comments like that won't keep you in the forum for long mate, as for languages, i'm sure they'll be added in time, your proposal sounds good though

steamover

Yeti & Snake Champion
i think it doesn't worth spend time hacking this version... wait until a next one..

Also, you only can change menu text/add options, but not add new functionality like 'if you click this menu option then open a ie...' And of course you can't change the gamepad window.

Anyways, i'm glad that devs have focused more on the emu and less in the UI.. making a good error-less UI spends a lot of time... i prefer to invest that time on the emulation.

The only features i'm missing are resolution/fullscreen config, and a better pad config (because DI manager doesn't recognize my d-pad, only analog :()

Remote

As I see it, the just emulated the dc, of course a better gui is nice but it they have the time for it and makes a better one in the future, great =) in not, they still emulated the dc =) anyways, patience as always is key..

OP
E

Evrain

The Forbidden One
I will anyway prepare a "hack" version for the italian emulation networks... For the guide, I will go on and, if it's worth the authors' attention, I'll post it.
Evrain

[vEX]

niechift.com
Remote said:
As I see it, the just emulated the dc, of course a better gui is nice but it they have the time for it and makes a better one in the future, great =) in not, they still emulated the dc =) anyways, patience as always is key..
The GUI was put togheter in very short time, I think it was in less than 12 hours since they prioritice emulation :)

OP
E

Evrain

The Forbidden One
I agree with you vEX, however since a community should do something more than babbling about "where i can find the BIOS/ROM/ISOS/girlfriend", what's not wasted has been done for fun, as we say here :D
You know if someone else is working on a Chanka guide? Else I will just stick to an Italian version and not an English one.
Evrain

P.S.: I just completed the "hacking" thing, and I admit that just a quick change of words can make things WAY easier...