Votes: 6 28.6%
  • Unstable

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Very Unstable

Votes: 2 9.5%

• Total voters

XBOX

CHANKA CONTRIBUTOR
i've tried over 15 games and came to one conclusion, majority of flaws and bugs reside outside of the emulator.

- problems with the image cd used( bad selfboot image or unbootable image)

-Graphic card (Nvidia Gforce drivers known to crash)

- Old operating system ( windows 9x and 2000 known to crash)

- Powerfull pc with sse extension a must

If all the above are solved you can experience a decent gameplay with CHANKAST:emutalk:

none of the above is related to the emu itself, mebe they should be aware of stuff like this, and concentrate in optimising the emulation.

i think chankast only needs Bug squashing, we should call it beta instead alpha.
both games runs above 25fps, capture program makes frame drops
Snap6.jpg

Snap5.jpg

Snap4.jpg

Last edited:

Waan2k

Emutalk Lover :)
gotta remember they got this emu running these games in 3 months of programming that's pretty bloody good :)

just think in another few months how good it will be :)

and yeah it's pretty good for a first release :)

Last edited:

Stezo2k

S-2K
It's damn good for first release, i recon anyway. I'd personally would call it a beta myself, it's not very buggy at all, great work. But it's the authors choice, i don't really mind, the emulator is good enough in my eyes, but on systems that have problems, you can tell it's an alpha, the problems should be fixed soon though, and the next release hopefully will be a beta :)

Sauron-Jin

Well i think it is an Alpha with all its words. from the developement point of view and bypassing the difficulty inherent to the project, the emu is far from being a Beta because it doesn't have all the features the programers want to be in a final release with some possible bugs, it has bugs, but it hasn't any features appart from functionality. It doesn't have a proper UI, nor image support or proper CD-rom driver, etc... and still there is a lot of glitches and crashes which prevents from playing anything normally.

You release a Beta when you have all features for a formal release and maybe there are some bugs which need testing and verification, but i'm sure garrofi and his team knew there indeed are many bugs.

Don't missunderstand my words, i'm really IMPRESSED with this outstanding emu, but i think it is an Alpha... an Impressive Alpha, and can't wait to see a Beta with more features oriented to the end user (UI, fullscreen, etc..) :drool:

cheers!

madprofessor

zito oi penses
if this emu was released as a 1.0 istead of 0.1 i think no one would notice the difference :p it is better than best for a first release and the fact that they named it alpha shows their interest in making it perfect :)

Keith

The Show Must Go On!
Administrator
I think it is great and it is only going to get better .. the developers are really upbeat and are having fun with it. So that is a good sign and I know garrofi spends a good majority of his time dedicated to making it better. It doesn't happen very often that we get an emulator come out and be as good as Chanka right from the get go .. this is very special. :)

Evrain

The Forbidden One
You said the reasons, Keith: Chanka is growing at such speed because it's done FOR FUN. It's just about the same as with PHP: as far as it's for your personal fun, it won't be boring like when you code for someone else :p
I read that Garrofi was somehow discouraged by some kind of comment from trying to add multiplayer features to Chanka: I really can't blame him, I just hope he will keep on enjoying the coding of the emulator.
So I will play with the code when new versions come out :D
Evrain