What's new

Resident Evil Code Veronica & chankast

madprofessor

zito oi penses
ok now i'm stunned with the emulation quality the crystal clear sound the....

some beta testing report: i tested code veronica and its perfect.
i have random crashes every now and then but everything is emulated (sound, full fmv's, everything) and the speed is damn smooth!
i formated the memory card and when i manage to save the next time there is no save data in the memomory card :p
**ultra*** minor gfx glitches: the guards hands, claire's pony tail, and the start menu options.

ok what i wrote was for the capcom hack version.
the same goes for the 0.1 version.

in NEW GFX version now you have to do your magic to get ingame as everything is black till then with some flashes from the fmv. when you hit ingame there are some pixels fooling arround the screen now and then but the guard has his hands allright :p and the inventory menu shows more stuff, check the 7th screenshot. in the first as it looks in the other two versions (capcom hack and alpha)

the door in the 2nd screenshot is as far as i can go no matter what.

Last edited:

Stezo2k

S-2K
i have already reported it in the compatability list, it was one of the 1st games i tried ;) and i was amazed with it, i wish it wouldn't crash though, this game works the best on both of my pcs, full speed, and the graphics being flawless

btw i have not noticed the guy's hands been messed up, they work perfect on the capcon version ;)

OP
madprofessor

madprofessor

zito oi penses
maybe u are using ati card? in the new gfx his hands are fine but on the others it is like this for me. not that it bothers me i still don't believe my eyes with this emu. i always check if my dc vga box is unplugged just in case :king:

Stezo2k

S-2K
madprofessor said:
maybe u are using ati card? in the new gfx his hands are fine but on the others it is like this for me. not that it bothers me i still don't believe my eyes with this emu. i always check if my dc vga box is unplugged just in case :king:

nah it's a geforce 3 mate, and the game works almost perfectly, apart from the inventory screen (works fine in normal chank) hopefully the crash bug will be resolved in the next version :)

Hopefully the next version of Chanka will be a better one. Anyway, I do have a problem playing RECV. It happens all the time when I'm trying to take the ink ribbon at starting point in the game. It shows me an error message that I need to close the chanka program.

MAD_BOY

weird guy
uhm, stop posting that message, you allready made a thread for it.... and it's not needed to bump a topic that's older than a month allready

gcnfan

Yeah, also hope here that the next version of Chankast will fix the texture corruption, missing sounds, faster speed and the what-not. Do you guys get any texture corruption on yours? Cause I'm getting a lot of it.

DieHengstin

kann hier jemand auch deutsch ?? Ich weiß nämlich nicht ,ob ich das richtig verstehe.Es geht um den sound bei RECV , muss ich warten bis ne neue version von chanka draußen ist oder gibt es ne lösung.
Danke

danos83

danos83
I use Resident Evil Veronica COde with Chancast 0.25 adn the emulation stop after I find the helicopter in the yard with the zombies, and message appears, it says: Icontrol error. After, this message appers random times.
What happen??
I am peruvian, I don't speak english very well, sorry