What's new

ip and wms file

narutofan36

do i need the ip and wms file in order to play games? also, what are they?

sorry if this is illegal!

i cant seem to play any dc games and when i press intl, its gets an error saying send/dont send error

DuDe

Emu64 Staff
Yes, you need the bios to play games. And no, you can't ask where you can find the bios.

Stezo2k

S-2K
are you using windows xp? because this emulator is designed for it

make sure you have the bios, read the FAQ

you only need the backup cd roms/isos to use the emulator, you'll only need to messabout with ip.bin for soul calibur

OP
N

narutofan36

ya. im using xp. how come no one mentions theses files then? they only said bio and flash are needed to play.

Stezo2k

S-2K
narutofan36 said:
ya. im using xp. how come no one mentions theses files then? they only said bio and flash are needed to play.

I was just asking for reference. The BIOS files are mentioned all over this forum, read the FAQs

the BIOS files are named:

dc_bios.bin
dc_flash.bin

if you need them, don't ask, just use a search engine

OP
N

narutofan36

OMFG i dont get this. SORRY

but im askin bout the ip and wms file. not the bio and flash? or are they the same?

Stezo2k

S-2K
narutofan36 said:
OMFG i dont get this. SORRY

but im askin bout the ip and wms file. not the bio and flash? or are they the same?

I'm sorry, but i don't understand your terminology

What i meant before, was you need to run backup CD-ROMs or ISOS (Emulated CD-ROMS) to play the game with the emulator. Just the game files won't work at present, they have to be on CD-ROMS or in an ISO file.

OP
N

narutofan36

ahhhhhh im so confused. ok ok ok
heres what i did

i have mvc2 already on my computer in cdi format

i use alcohol to make a virture dive and mout the mvc image on it

i place the bio and flash inside the chanka folder

i start up chanka

is there anything wrong i did? cause it doesnt seem to work. sorry if im confusing u!

Last edited:

Spider7767

narutofan36 said:
ahhhhhh im so confused. ok ok ok
heres what i did

i have mvc2 already on my computer in cdi format

i use alcohol to make a virture dive and mout the mvc image on it

i place the bio and flash inside the chanka folder

i start up chanka

is there anything wrong i did? cause it doesnt seem to work. sorry if im confusing u!

No as far as I can tell you did It right but you may not have set chanka to your Vdrive. Go into Options>Configure Drive then set it to your drive letter of your Vdrive. If thats not it what kind of error are you geting, dose chanka just crash or dose it give you an error or maybe it gos into the BIOS. Also you may have a bad dump of the game or it may not be bootable so you may need to use a boot CD (but that's may not be it I'm not sure chanka mine if the game is bootable or not I'm still alittle new at it)
Also as said above, you must use a virtual drive program like Alcohol 120% to moutn your ISO into a virtual drive as chanka dosen't suport loading games from a real CD Rom nore loading from an ISO.

Last edited:

Spider7767

blurymind said:
daemon tools is better and its free,myfriend
Both are good, I have used both and I like Alcohol 120% as you can burn & make ISOs, as well as use virtual drives in the same program along with a lot of othere tools. Worth the money.