What's new

Kaillera?

Heinster

Well I am very thankfull for this emulator(two thumbs up :w00t: )... Sure some things need to be fixed..... But if you ask me the biggest difference (and next best step) that can be done now is kaillera support, with this although the flaws that are still in there it would make the emulator even better then the machine it emulates..... Just imagine playing many of those arcade based DC games online :holiday:

But would this be possible? Or are there things that would make kaillera support impossible?

rcgamer

the old guy
well, im sure it is possible . but right now im sure the devs are working on better compatability and speed, as well as ironing out the bugs.

Stezo2k

S-2K
yeah its possible, but an emulated broadband LAN adator working through the PCs internet connection would work better, and would probably be easier to code/use

sorry mate, i'm crap at explaining things :)

OP
Heinster

Heinster

He whatever works best :D....

I juat mentioned kaillera cause it does support a wide range of users, also concidering things like zbattle which kinda died out it could live longer in an Kaillera enveirment....

OP
Heinster

Heinster

But if I understand correctly.... If it would be kaillera then it would be up to the Chanka crw? Or does Kailleracrew implement it?

I wonder if one of the Chanka-crew would reply to this or if they would ever plan on implementing any form of online/lan-play. Atleast I've understood this is tghe place where they could be....

DarkKnight38

The original
Stezo2k said:
yeah its possible, but an emulated broadband LAN adator working through the PCs internet connection would work better, and would probably be easier to code/use

sorry mate, i'm crap at explaining things :)
that would only work on games that support the BBA... and those are far and few behind. To get universal multiplayer netplay going, the best option would be kailleria, or at least their own form of integrated netplay.

Stezo2k

S-2K
DarkKnight38 said:
that would only work on games that support the BBA... and those are far and few behind. To get universal multiplayer netplay going, the best option would be kailleria, or at least their own form of integrated netplay.

sorry, i thought the bba would support dial up games too..

well, i'm sure it could be possible to emulate the dc's dial up modem, and somehow communicate with the emulator to access the internet, thus using any dc servers that are still up :)

not that i'm asking for it, i'm sure the authors want to focus on emulation before netplay is integrated (if ever)

DarkKnight38

The original
hmm... i suppose it does, i didn't think about that. But this topic is more or less about universal multiplayer, for games like, say, powerstone 2, that didn't have an online mode. You'd still need kailleria for those.

Stezo2k

S-2K
DarkKnight38 said:
hmm... i suppose it does, i didn't think about that. But this topic is more or less about universal multiplayer, for games like, say, powerstone 2, that didn't have an online mode. You'd still need kailleria for those.

i supose so mate, and with a lot of dc backups being ripped just from one group, it shouldn't be too hard to find somebody to play who has the same version of the game if it gets implimeted.

OP
Heinster

Heinster

I believe Unai is one of the developers so would you like to comment on this topic? Will there ever be online/lan possibilities?