What's new

Plugin System?

Hexidecimal

Emutalk Bounty Hunter.
Will this emulator use a plugin system like PSX/N64 emulation or will it use built in video that only the original developers can modify. Just asking because at the moment it looks like there is no implementation for third party plugins.

Stezo2k

S-2K
i wouldn't say so at present mate, possibly in the future, only time will tell. But i don't see many next generation emulators with plugin support, so it might be doubtful

unai

We are starting to use pluggings for internal use at the moment... and we'll "control" the pluggins written by the moment....

In the future who knows....

OP
Hexidecimal

Hexidecimal

Emutalk Bounty Hunter.
Ah okay, so there it may eventually be like N64 emualtion where 3rd party plugins would be used.

XBOX

CHANKA CONTRIBUTOR
unai said:
We are starting to use pluggings for internal use at the moment... and we'll "control" the pluggins written by the moment....

In the future who knows....

why so close develop project, im sure if you go open source you get faster and better results, you can still controll whats goes in the finall release.

just curious, cuz you already did a great job i can hardly see you guys do any better beside missing network support and resolution option .

DeLeTeBR

They have done a prety good job until now without been open source and it's not that simple to make a project open source and get usefull help (at least in the first weeks).

About plugins, who cares, sound is great, gfx and compat. is geting better let them do their work alone that they are great.

Last edited:

Waan2k

Emutalk Lover :)
I think they will add plugins later, I think there just released the 3 types of emu to test what works best with what homebrew or commercial game.

Then they will incorporate things from each emu type, into a plugin or one emu.

This is just a thought, but It could be along the line of what they might do :)

Anyways it's a kick ass emu that can only get better ;)

Last edited:

life_247

Most people only use the best pluggin so it dosent matter too much. I know the chanka team used Ectors GFX pluggin for icarus in the making of chanka (Its not just put in there as a pluggin, they used bits of it). Additinally Icarus is pluggin based, and there are many official pluggins that have been developed or are in devlopment.

Ectors Dynarec, ZeZu's Dynarec
Ectors Direct X pluggin, Sonics Direct X pluggin

And so on and so forth.