What's new

Soul Calibur - Cable problem

steamover

Yeti & Snake Champion
hi,

Anybody has discoreverd how to patch the backup to bypass the cable error?

I've seen many screenshots (there's a link on compatibility list thread), but my backup (downloaded from inet), as many others, doesn't boot on the emulator.

Thanks in advance... :)

piccolo17486

same for me, some games give a cable error...
perhaps we have to wait for a next version
still thanks for this awesome emu

Guru64

Found in the FAQ:

Q: Why the "xyz" game doesn't work, or crashes, or has GFX problems, or it is slow on all the three versions of Chankast?
A: The emulator itself is still in an ALPHA development stage which means that it is not as fast as it can be, it has bugs and some dreamcast parts are not fully emulated yet, that's why you may experience one or more of these problems. For a list of the compatible games you can visit this thread.
IMPORTANT NOTES: Some games have GFX problems only with specific video cards.
If the emulator shows an AV error, you may be able to fix it by replacing the IP.bin file of the game (which is inside the ISO image of the game) with this one.

OP
steamover

steamover

Yeti & Snake Champion
ok, i've made the trick of hexediting the cdi as said on another thread (the tutorial on megagames), but still doesn't work, now appears the IO error.

i'll try later replacing the IP.bin... by the way, i'm a little blind... i read the new FAQ before posting this, but didn't saw the link... :doh:

posty_2k3

T3h pwn3r3r
Cool, i just saw about the IP.bin. But one question, how do you add it into the Soul Calibur image? Do i need to use ISO Buster or what. Because i cant even get the IP.bin to show up from the image.

Stezo2k

S-2K
posty_2k3 said:
Cool, i just saw about the IP.bin. But one question, how do you add it into the Soul Calibur image? Do i need to use ISO Buster or what. Because i cant even get the IP.bin to show up from the image.

UltraISO has worked for a few people, or you could hex edit it from cooliscool's post :)

posty_2k3

T3h pwn3r3r
Ok, if someone who actually got sc to work, could they post EXACTLY what they did. From apps, to steps, to everything. Because when i open sc's .nrg in ISO Buster or UltraISO, it wont even show the track that contains the 1st_boot.bin and stuff. And when i check it after its mounted, it has NO IP.BIN. What the hell is wrong with this?

Stezo2k

S-2K
posty_2k3 said:
Ok, if someone who actually got sc to work, could they post EXACTLY what they did. From apps, to steps, to everything. Because when i open sc's .nrg in ISO Buster or UltraISO, it wont even show the track that contains the 1st_boot.bin and stuff. And when i check it after its mounted, it has NO IP.BIN. What the hell is wrong with this?

some games don't have an IP.bin for some reason, i can't remember is soul calibur is one of them, i might give it a go later

posty_2k3

T3h pwn3r3r
Well then, why are people saying the ip.bin thing worked for their sc and stuff? i really need to be able to play this game, its one of my favs. I really wanted to try it out on my pc.

OP
steamover

steamover

Yeti & Snake Champion
well, i tried:

- using the hex editor, changing 799800 to 799A10 but i got IO error.

- Inserting faq's IP.BIN using ipinsert. I got Cable error.

- Then i noticed that faq's ip.bin has 799B10 instead of 799A10... i tried again replacing original 799800 to 799B10... again IO error :D

- Finally...on my cdi, IP.BIN starts with...

SEGA SEGAKATANA SEGA ENTERPRISES70B8 GD-ROM1/1 JUE 0799800 MK0815 V1.99920000623 1ST_READ.BIN ECHELON UTOPIA PRESENTS: SOULCALIBUR *FULL RIP*

and faq's IP.BIN is....

SEGA SEGAKATANA SEGA ENTERPRISES3378 GD-ROM1/1 JUE 0799B10 T36804N V1.00120000623 1ST_READ.BIN ECHELON WALT DISNEY WORLD QUEST MAGICAL RACING TOUR

so i replaced manually the 0x8000 bytes of faq's IP.BIN to CDI.... and i got Cable error again :yawn:

So...What can we conclude?.... PLAY ON YOUR DC!! :happy:

PS: well... or wait until a next emu version / patched backup release :w00t:

Stezo2k

S-2K
thanks for the information mate, sorry if i mislead you, was only pointing out a roumoured possibility, will modify my compatability thread :)

OP
steamover

steamover

Yeti & Snake Champion
thanks for the information mate, sorry if i mislead you, was only pointing out a roumoured possibility, will modify my compatability thread

well, the strange thing are those screenshots at emuf***tics... i'm wondering how they manage it to run...

.... anyways, has been fun :D

[vEX]

niechift.com
steamover said:
well, the strange thing are those screenshots at emuf***tics... i'm wondering how they manage it to run...

.... anyways, has been fun :D
By recreating the whole damn ISO using Pedro's batch files found at dcemu.co.uk.
The method needs to you to either waste a CD-R or use a CD-RW.

Last edited: