What's new

IOcontrol error

MasterPhW

Master of the Emulation Flame
Didn't know wheather I'm the only one in this board who have this error but everytime I want to start one of my games it shows this error. It's after the bios boot and before the game is appearing. If I click it away, the audio menu is coming... some tips?

Last edited:
OP
MasterPhW

MasterPhW

I got it if I use it with non selfbootable, with bootable and with my Original ones. Don't know what I'm doing wrong!

OP
MasterPhW

MasterPhW

That are all files I have and all files I need I think (pic)

My specs are Pentium 4 1.8@ 2.2
WinXP SP1, 512 DDR 400 Ram, Geforce 3 with 61.11 Driver...
Need more infos? Don't think so...

*edit: forget the pic*

Last edited:
OP
MasterPhW

MasterPhW

I've tried some games which are definitely supported (because of videos before the alpha was released and pics and more) like Sonic 2, MSR and THSB2! Can anybody help me? THX for all advices!

But I could find my problem: had someone tried it with original CDs, not with the mounted ones? I used it the whole time, but I think it's just a tipp to use it with deamon tool, not a MUST DO! But I didn't want to connect my DC again with my PC, so I can use a burn prog too, to create a image on my drives or do I have to connect the PC again to my DC?

Last edited:

Waan2k

Emutalk Lover :)
hi MasterPhW_DX yeah this is strange I have the same problem sometimes to.

I think I have solution but not sure, I use that Alchol 120% image loader program as it seems to run better with Chanka.

what I do to get it to read the images properly with chanka, is run chanka first then check the Image path to that of the image Drive.

after I done this I load the image with the loader Alchol 120% and then run int in the emu.

this works for me most of the time give it a go.

Last edited:

Waan2k

also I run the bios first too in the emu then load the image after I loaded up the bios setup thing.

I hope this is not confusing to you.

OP
MasterPhW

MasterPhW

Waan2k said:
also I run the bios first too in the emu then load the image after I loaded up the bios setup thing.

I hope this is not confusing to you.
After the tenth reading I understanded what you are meaning... :)
I'll try it and hope I can play my games on my PC! Are you mounting isos loaded by your DC or i your drive? Would be great if you do a quick answer... some other advices by other chankast users?
BTW: great that a emu that loads my DC games is finally appearing. I thought the day after tomorrow would be real before a emu comes out! Great work, but I WANT TO USE IT TOO! :gunman:

Sauron-Jin

Have you tried to exit from all resident cd-rom interferring programs like AnyDVD, CD-Speed, etc. from your taskbar??

Try right-clicking on them and hit Quit/exit and tell me your results...

Greets! :D :D :D

Last edited:

Grant64

DC Emu Fanatic
I have had this crash problem too! It happens with Daytona USA! hopefully it will be fixed for the next version. Its an alpha version so there are gonna be problems!

Waan2k

Ok sorry for the long big explanation, ok I had the problem before trying Fire Pro D a import game.

It came up as a Audio cd with the audio tracks when I mounted it, and it gave me that IO error again.

So what I did then was unmount the image, then started the Chanka program checked that the e drive was the Image drive I assigned to chanka.

I then remounted the image with Alchohol and then it showed as a data dreamcast image and Click Int on chanka and no more IO error :)

this is sort of my fix to get it to run games, till the next release comes and fixes this problem :).

Btw sorry before for sounding so confussing lol :)

Last edited:

Waan2k

I hope this helps you MasterPhW_DX cause it's a great first release and it's worth trying :)

JKidd

i see that you have a file called ip.bin does that come with chankast?Cause i dont have it what is it

Microbator

I've the same problem and with alcohol it doesn't work too.
If someone know how i can make it work please tell me.
thanks

PS:sorry for my bad english but i'm french ;-)

:saint: pc specs:athlon 2500+; 1go ddr 400; radeon 9600pro 256mo; HD 120go IDE; DVD recorder ^^ :saint:

Last edited:

Microbator

the emulator works now !!
It's so cool !!
if you want to know, i've setup the aspi drivers with a program and now it works ^^

Mago1982

Microbator said:
the emulator works now !!
It's so cool !!
if you want to know, i've setup the aspi drivers with a program and now it works ^^

Can you help me?
I had the same kind of problem when I tryed to pass non-self-boot to self-boot files.

I tryed to install aspi drivers (and they are already installed), but every time i receive (a lot of) IO Control: error, and then get to the bios.

Thanks any help!

Microbator

i cant help you because today it dont work !!!:-(
I'm disgusted. It work for only 1 or 2 hours...
I've tried to re-install aspi but it don't work.
If anyone know how to make it work, please tell me !!