What's new

Some things to add to the F.A.Q.

[vEX]

niechift.com
Q: I keep getting this error about the game not supporting the VGA cable, what does it mean?
A: It means that the game you're trying to play doesn't support the VGA box and for now Chankast only emulates games that supports this.

Q: I tried using the Utopia bootdisk to play non-selfbooting games but it doesn't work?
A: No, there is some bug preventing it from working. Normal CD swapping should however work.

Q: I'm running Windows 98/ME and it doesn't work?
A: Chankast doesn't use ASPI so for now you're out of luck. (I'm not 100% if it even works in Windows 2000, there are mixed reports)

Stezo2k

S-2K
[vEX] said:
Q: I keep getting this error about the game not supporting the VGA cable, what does it mean?
A: It means that the game you're trying to play doesn't support the VGA box and for now Chankast only emulates games that supports this.

you should also add to this, you can solve the problem by hex editing the game, or replacing the Ip.bin

it made soul calibur work anyway :)

PsyMan

Just Another Wacko ;)
Thanks [vEX], the third questions is already covered from the "requirements" question, the first is covered from the "Why the xyz game doesn't work" question (but I'll probably add a note about how to fix it).
But I don't know about the second question (about the boot cd), I need confirmation from Stezo2k for this.
I asked for some help from the authors in order to correct possible mistakes, so I'll modify the FAQ as soon as I get a reply.

Last edited:
OP
[vEX]

[vEX]

niechift.com
PsyMan said:
Thanks [vEX], the third questions is already covered from the "requirements" question, the first is covered from the "Why the xyz game doesn't work" question (but I'll probably add a note about how to fix it).
But I don't know about the second question (about the boot cd), I need confirmation from Stezo2k for this.
I asked for some help from the authors in order to correct possible mistakes, so I'll modify the FAQ as soon as I get a reply.
garrofi told me that there is infact a bug that prevents the boot cd from working and it never worked in the betas nor the release.

Last edited:

Trotterwatch

I added the 2nd point into the excellent FAQ.

Edit// I hope you don't mind Psyman ;) I did it in the correct format, and it's legit info so shouldn't be an issue.

DarkKnight38

The original
Stezo2k said:
you should also add to this, you can solve the problem by hex editing the game, or replacing the Ip.bin

it made soul calibur work anyway :)
the images i have wont burn for some bizzare reason :(. They obviously work, because chankast can detect that it doesn't have vga support, and then i get the typical iocontrol error you get when you dont burn the edited image, but every burning program i throw at it dies in its attempt to burn the images. Maybe i just have bad look with my images... :(

PsyMan

Just Another Wacko ;)
Trotterwatch said:
I added the 2nd point into the excellent FAQ.

Edit// I hope you don't mind Psyman ;) I did it in the correct format, and it's legit info so shouldn't be an issue.
You did what??? Grrrr :angry: :ranting: :angry: :ranting: :angry: :ranting: :angry:
Anyway, I don't mind :whistling and thanks.

Stezo2k

S-2K
DarkKnight38 said:
the images i have wont burn for some bizzare reason :(. They obviously work, because chankast can detect that it doesn't have vga support, and then i get the typical iocontrol error you get when you dont burn the edited image, but every burning program i throw at it dies in its attempt to burn the images. Maybe i just have bad look with my images... :(

its possible, i tried alcohol 120% for mine, i'd use that, i'd recommend it to anyone

it might be your cd writer, have you tried burning anything else with it? I had a similar problem when my old LG 48x cdrw drive broke

Last edited: