What's new

can anyone tell me if chankast uses D3D OR OPENGL32#

XBOX

CHANKA CONTRIBUTOR
can anyone tell me if chankast uses D3D OR OPENGL32#

note that cd emulation makes a lot of difference:

DAEMON TOOLs : slow emulation and some games crashes.

Alchool 120% : very fast , 200x the speed of daemon tools, higher frame rate
the games gains extra 10fps with this emulation over daemon tools

My system

P4 2.4GHZ
500 MB DDR
ATI RADEON 9700 PR0
WIN XP PRO, SEVICE PACK 1

rcgamer

the old guy
I think it uses d3d since a few people have gotten ddraw errors. its running fine here with daemon tools. maybe ill try alcohol too though.

unai

It uses D3D at the moment once 1.0 is finished we'll start working on OpenGL version and Linux port

OP
XBOX

XBOX

CHANKA CONTRIBUTOR
unai said:
It uses D3D at the moment once 1.0 is finished we'll start working on OpenGL version and Linux port

opengl has many optimisation at the driver level, basically your graphic plugin would benefit from many opengl32.dll compilations that uses various technicques to optimise rendering.

Stezo2k

S-2K
unai said:

sounds great mate, glad to hear it, should help speed aswell

keep up the good work mate :)

gcnfan

What if y'all use DirectX for the graphics in Chanka? Is a DirectX video plugin for Chanka going to be better than D3D or OpenGl, or in-between them?

Sauron-Jin

unai said:

And what about a Xbox port?? seeing the speed this emulator has in Alpha state... this maybe, possible???

Stezo2k

S-2K
Sauron-Jin said:
And what about a Xbox port?? seeing the speed this emulator has in Alpha state... this maybe, possible???

out of the question mate, probably is possible, but emulation would be just under half the speed of a 2ghz system

unless very optimisation is made (or a HLE mode), it isn't worth porting it (though the xbox is my fave console atm)

life_247

Chanka is only at 0.1 public alpha (Eh?) stage

Speed will get better as time goes by. Addtionally icarus is up for release real soon too and it runs crazy taxi 2 at full speed now!!! (Ectors 2GHz Machine)

Didnt F|res run into some major problem with openGL, i thought thats why he stopped devloping the pluggin. Cyrus said there was a problem with using open GL?

Was along time ago.

Sauron-Jin

humm, didn't the icarus auths said that you will need a 5 Ghz or faster machine to run the emu at full speed after the launch of Chankast???

Well 2 Ghz now for Crazy taxi, great improvement in short time!! :evil:

Maybe, in a year, P3 733Mhz 64Mb...Cofff Xbox..Coffff. :bunny: :bunny: :bunny:

Plz.. don't take me seriously :saint: :saint: :saint: