What's new

Chanka Sonic 2 Problems!

Grant64

DC Emu Fanatic
Hi,
using ChankaDC I have loaded up Sonic 2 and it is fine until u go ingame! Then although the first movie plays once you start playing there is a blue screen!

I understand that it is the first version of an emuilator and may not work on all systems - but if anyone can help that would be great!

Graphics Card - Geforce 5200

Grant64

OP
Grant64

Grant64

DC Emu Fanatic
Yeah! Well - 2 I figured the capcom emu would be pointless!

Tried it on that and same outcome!

steamover

Yeti & Snake Champion
/me happens the same

i think it's a problem with GF cards... it's not a blue screen, seems like vertex data get screwed and appears polygons in front of camera. I'm grx C++ dev and got many time those errors loading bad vertex data.

Anyways, chanka is impressive.. i'd like to see the next version :drool: ... if I were they, i'll focus on interface improvement, MMU full-support and better memory management. I think that will fix some crashes.

Gondar

steamover said:
/me happens the same

i think it's a problem with GF cards... it's not a blue screen, seems like vertex data get screwed and appears polygons in front of camera. I'm grx C++ dev and got many time those errors loading bad vertex data.

Yes, seems like it. I've tried Chanka on 4 of my computers. Runs perfectly fine on two of them (both with ATI Radeon), however Sonic 2 screws up on the other two with GF.

steamover said:
Anyways, chanka is impressive.. i'd like to see the next version :drool: ... if I were they, i'll focus on interface improvement, MMU full-support and better memory management. I think that will fix some crashes.

Well, I'd like to see support for more videoresolutions or whatever makes it think that it is connected to a monitor using a vga-cabel. Then maybe Soul Calibur and Skies of Arcadia would start to show something ;) .. But any improvement on this kickas emu would make me happy.

XBOX

CHANKA CONTRIBUTOR
Gondar said:
Yes, seems like it. I've tried Chanka on 4 of my computers. Runs perfectly fine on two of them (both with ATI Radeon), however Sonic 2 screws up on the other two with GF.

Well, I'd like to see support for more videoresolutions or whatever makes it think that it is connected to a monitor using a vga-cabel. Then maybe Soul Calibur and Skies of Arcadia would start to show something ;) .. But any improvement on this kickas emu would make me happy.

soul caliber actually works :bounce:

posty_2k3

T3h pwn3r3r
I wish that shitty thing worked. I opened Soul Calibur.nrg in the hex editor. I chenged what it said, and now i have tons of SystemIO errors or w/e after i boot it (mounted on alcohol 120%)

Stezo2k

S-2K
Gondar said:
Then maybe Soul Calibur and Skies of Arcadia would start to show something ;) .. But any improvement on this kickas emu would make me happy.

my skies of arcadia works great :) well until it closes the emu, but it works :)

Last edited:

Gondar

posty_2k3 said:
I wish that shitty thing worked. I opened Soul Calibur.nrg in the hex editor. I chenged what it said, and now i have tons of SystemIO errors or w/e after i boot it (mounted on alcohol 120%)

Same problem here. I've tried making an ISO with Nero/CD-R Win and Discjuggler v2. Then I've tried to use the official VGA-patch AND I've tried using a hexeditor. Same problem whatever I do. Might be that it is a Pal version or something.

I guess I'll just have to wait until a new version comes out (....not. Never give up, never surrender). Could someone at least post or direct me to a screenshot of SC on chanka so I can see what it looks like?

gcnfan

I've got a different problem with SA2. When I play the first level on hero mode, like mid-way on the first level, it hangs, but the music plays on, and on dark or evil mode, after I finish the first level on that, it gives me an error and then crashes. What's the problem with mines if yall's runs good to the end?

hazard

gcnfan said:
I've got a different problem with SA2. When I play the first level on hero mode, like mid-way on the first level, it hangs, but the music plays on, and on dark or evil mode, after I finish the first level on that, it gives me an error and then crashes. What's the problem with mines if yall's runs good to the end?

I have exactly the same problem.

Windows XP, AthlonXP 2400+, 512MB RAM, Radeon 9700 Pro, Omega 4.5 drivers

Last edited:

Stezo2k

S-2K
hazard said:
I have exactly the same problem.

Windows XP, AthlonXP 2400+, 512MB RAM, Radeon 9700 Pro, Omega 4.5 drivers

Don't worry guys, don't forget this is alpha software, and alpha software often contains slight bugs, i would wait for the next version, and to try that :)

bugo

yeah, I have the same two problems in SA2, it have those 2 triangles inside the screen and crash...

You can play pressing and holding W for wireframe mode

shurikenman

Damn...I wanna be Sonic ^^
yeah if got it too....but there are some official screenshots how they are grinding the rails down and finishing this level...Fuckin strange isnt it ?