What's new

help!

dreamer

i got a serious problem, my comp has been slowing down a lot recently and stuff and i happened to see the spy hunter v 1.1.29 available download on the main page of download.com, so i got it, so it scans my computer for parasites/spyware and finds between 50 - 75 different kinds of virus or spyware mostly in the cookies section (and it said serious under the dangerous section)! you have to pay to get the full version which will get rid of these for me.
so the question is, is there any free-ware that can help with this or another program that does a similar thing? i wana fix this poor computer, it's getting worse cos programs now close randomly for no reason :down: such as msn, and pretty much all .exe files :cry: i keep getting random '<insert prog> has to close now' messages and all the errors relate to a 'nview.dll'?
i'm like wtf is going on with this? someone please help! this really is driving me crazy!

t0rek

Wilson's Friend
1. For the spyware problems... try "Spyware Search & Destroy". Is excellent and it's freeware...

2. I can't find an explanation of the programs closing randonmly other than a virus or a super buggy spyware.

3. The errors relating to "nview.dll" are somehow related to your nVidia's drivers but I can't figure out how...

OP
D

dreamer

thankyou, i'll try Spyware Search & Destroy, i have gotten rid of some of it, any idea what 'Onflow', 'Gator', and 'Blnet' are as they seem to consist of most of the problems. i hope to get this sorted soon. also how do i get to the registry in windows? i knew before but cant remember, something was typed in the 'run' command i can't remember, most of them are in the HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT in the registry. how can i get there?

OP
D

dreamer

wow! just deleted all forms of cookies from my computer (and temp internet files), now i've gone from 10 pop-ups per min to none :D

zAlbee

Keeper of The Iron Tail
dreamer said:
thankyou, i'll try Spyware Search & Destroy, i have gotten rid of some of it, any idea what 'Onflow', 'Gator', and 'Blnet' are as they seem to consist of most of the problems. i hope to get this sorted soon. also how do i get to the registry in windows? i knew before but cant remember, something was typed in the 'run' command i can't remember, most of them are in the HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT in the registry. how can i get there?
they're all bad, get rid of them. you don't need to access the registry because that program should clean it for you (i assume). but if you like, just go start > run > regedit

Allnatural

I would recommend you switch browsers. Firefox's cookie management is superb.

btw, the program is Spybot

Clements

Doing an Ad-aware scan as well wouldn't harm anything if S&D missed some spyware, and I also recommend Firefox.

t0rek

Wilson's Friend
Allnatural said:
I would recommend you switch browsers. Firefox's cookie management is superb.

btw, the program is Spybot

I'm agree, use Firefox... yup, I miss the name of that proggie, but anyway he found it... :p