What's new

2D textures not displaying properly in Zelda OoT

ratsbatscats

prob1.gif

Hello there,

I'm really impressed with UltraHLE2064, it works great apart from a few graphical flaws. I'm using the eVoodoo wrapper and my comp has the following spec:

512 MB RAM
AMD Athlon XP 2100+ 1.74 GHz
MS Windows XP Pro Service Pack 1
NVIDIA GeForce Ti 4600
Creative SB Audigy

The main graphic problem is with 2d textures in Ocarina of Time, menu textures dont display (like in the picture) and the flat textures in the game like ladders and fences which are supposed to have transparent sections aren't transparent. And the 2d backgrounds inside houses have green lines across them. So its all to do with these 2d things. Does anyone know how I can fix this? Thanks in advance to those who can help.

Quvack

It's likely the wrapper causing the issues, why are you using the wrapper though? You have a card which is perfectly capable of using DirectX/OpenGL, and we have our plugin supporting both of these API's, try them. Or another graphics plugin will also likely fix your problem.

OP
R

ratsbatscats

Quvack said:
It's likely the wrapper causing the issues, why are you using the wrapper though? You have a card which is perfectly capable of using DirectX/OpenGL, and we have our plugin supporting both of these API's, try them. Or another graphics plugin will also likely fix your problem.

Thanks for the reply. It's sorted now. After a bit of searching on this forum I found a link and on that site was another emulator; project64, so I thought i'd try downloading that and see what happens. Well, installed p64, loaded the zelda rom and... instant success! :w00t: No sound/gfx probs, it was literally load and play, no tweaking needed, all the features seemed to be there. Also runs mario, goldeneye and zelda 2 fine too and with fantastic framerate. So my advice for people who have problems with ultraHLE to try this out as it may work great without need for tweaking. Pics included (apologies for the ms-paint jpeg compression).

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

5.jpg

6.jpg