What's new

Satourne and Shining Force III

Vassago

While trying to run Shining Force III, I keep getting the following error from within the system:

"The system memory is not ready. Use the memory manager screen on the Saturn control panel to clear the system memory."

What does this mean? I've been looking everywhere for what to do about this error. Thanks!

PsyMan

Just Another Wacko ;)
Try changing the RAM size (choose 4MB) from the "options/other options" tab and then save a new backup RAM and load it before you start the game from the "options/backup RAM" tab.

OP
Vassago

Vassago

I used a different game which allowed me to clear the memory and for some reason this actually solved the problem. Unfortunately, I can't seem to get the game to run very good on this release of satourne. Anyone else had good results?

PsyMan

Just Another Wacko ;)
That's because the saturn memory was full. I told you to increse it and save it in order to be able to create a new save for each game without having to delete your saves from previous games.
Satourne is in development for some years but it is not able to run games very well yet (saturn emulation is a very difficult task), so you may have to wait some more years in order to play games at full speed with perfect GFX and sound.