What's new

Giri-giri configuration guide

PsyMan

Just Another Wacko ;)
Since there are so many people using a hacked Giri-giri version (hacking the original giri-giri is a quite simple procedure :p), I've made a list of the options used by the emulator and can be edited (changed added or deleted) by opening the file named "games.dat" with a text editor (ex:notepad). The list may have errors since I'm not quite sure what exactly some options do. It is recommended to make a backup of the original "games.dat" file before changing anything. Well here is the list:

PriorityMode: It changes the priority of the sprites. Change it if the sprites are visible in places they should not (or vice versa). Possible options: 0-6 (maybe more).
EdsrShift: Changing this may affect graphics quality. Possible options: 0-1 (maybe more).
VSync: It represents the vertical synchronization of the game. Low=speed (general synchronization problems, slowdowns and hangs/crashes may occur) high=compatibility (may cause slowdowns on systems with slow CPU). Possible options: 0-Unlimited.
MaxTexCnt: It represents the maximum number of textures per frame. Slow GFX card=low amount, Fast GFX card=high amount. Possible options: 0-Unlimited (it's recomended not to change it).
BankChck: Changing this may affect compatibility. Possible options: 0-1 (maybe more).
CDWait: The amount of time (in milliseconds) that the saturn CD drive will need to read a CD. It may affect compatibility and/or sound synchronization. Possible options: 0-12 (maybe more).
ADXStream: It configures if ADXStream (a sound compression method) is going to be used before a sound is played. Possible options: 0-1 (maybe more).
OneSectorWait: It configures if there is going to be a one cd sector wait each time the cd drive reads. It may affect compatibility and/or sound synchronization. Possible options: 0-1(maybe more).
NormalSpriteCheck: Changing this may make some main and background pictures appear or disappear or change position. Possible options: 0-1 (maybe more).
DistSpriteCheck: Changing this may make some pictures and letters appear or disappear or change position. Possible options: 0-1 (maybe more).
CharPtnChck: Changing this may make some pictures look better and maybe change position. Possible options: 0-1 (maybe more).
ScaleSpriteCheck: Changing this may make some main and background pictures appear or disappear or change position. Possible options: 0-1 (maybe more).
FrameWait: Changing this may change the audio speed. Possible options: 0-166 (maybe more).

Frameskip and some other options can be configured from a file named user.ini which is by default placed in the WINDOWS\profiles\saturn directory.

While the emulator is running, pressing the F4 key makes some info being displayed on the screen and pressing the numerical 0-6 keys makes the graphic layers disappear and reappear.

Last edited:

daniel thoma

First off, I assume you have the new GG Loader, with the GLaunch tool. If you activate GLaunch, there's an option for selecting joysticks for Players 1 and 2. If you try to set specific keys, it'll crash. You don't need to press anything, anyway, since the buttons are mapped out perfectly. If you have a Sidewinder USB pad, everything's perfect.

I hope that helps you out.

Vassago

I used GSaturnTool and was able to successfully set my buttons perfectly. Thanks for your suggestion though.