What's new

Problems with paper mario

crispegg

Banned
I have a problem with paper mario, if i run it with Nemu64 it works fine, like the sound, but it had MANY broken models and if im in a dark area it either blacks out, or pixelizes, or makes the character black blocks.

If i try it with 1964 it works fine but i cant hear anything.... lol?

I tryed to apply the Nemu64 audio pluggin with 1964 but wont let me use it, im not to advanced with emulator, im kinda a noob at it :(
Somone please help :)

BTW im using Rice pluggin, thats all

Last edited:

rcgamer

the old guy
use schibos audio and hactoreux(mispelled again) rsp. and in the rsp settings put it to rsp defined plugin and azimers 4.0beta2. gets great sound with this game.

edit=nevermind , you are banned anyway.

Last edited:

The_Juggler

Yeah, I had a little trouble with sound in Paper Mario, but I got it fixed.

But I am still having black characters in certain areas. Rice's video is the best I have found, but what should I do to configuration to stop those black characters?

Also, why do some versions of rice's video plugins work and others don't?
Rice's 5.4.3 works great, but Rice's 5.6.0 is terrible, why? Newer version should be better right?

knowitman

Rice may fix one problem with another game, but this could possibly make a new one for another game that wasn't there earlier.

The_Juggler

hmm, I see. And I have read other threads about paper mario and see that it must be...like... non emulatable! (there's a word for ya!)

So, what is it about some of these games that make them so difficult to emulate. I think that Paper Mario might be the most difficult of all! I think that DK64, WWF No Mercy, and that Killer Instinct game are some other games that have many problems. But what is the problem? Do these games use some unique things that other games don't?

Hey, I shouldn't complain, it's free :D