What's new

Emulator crashes and I don't know why... Seriously...

zman

I have two games: Pandemonium and Virtual Cop 2. All things are set up correctly, however when both games go past the sega screen the screen goes black and the emulator hangs (crashes). If any one knows how to go beyond this problem, maybe by editing the game.dat or user.ini with different settings, please send info.

OP
Z

zman

More info on Pandemonium

I've tried all options, but not all option values as it is a guessing game for me. I have concluded that girgiri emulator is not fully compatible with this particular game. The emulator crashes after the game loads. I'd appreciate it, if someone could prove me wrong and write the correct values that would allow this game to work. In the meantime I look forward to other emulator creaters to bring their emulators up to speed.

PsyMan

Just Another Wacko ;)
Modifying the EdsrShift value (0-1) and increasing the VSync value (put it at 100 or more) may help. If the game doesn't start after that, it's probably not supported by the emulator.

OP
Z

zman

Another update...

It's definitely the emulator for both games. For instance if you set vsync to 200
on pandemonium you can see the emulator reset to the bios in slow motion. As for virtua cop 2 the game will go past the boot screen but not go into a menu screen. As a side note SonicR has graphic glitches with girigiri however it is playable and possible to get 50 out of 60 fps on a 1 ghz machine to play through the graphic glitches. A faster computer would make this game more up to speed, but it will crash randomly if your character goes where the graphic background has a hard time refreshing to fit the characters position.