What's new

want to write an emu?

Teamz

J'aime tes seins
if you know C/C++ and you want to write your first emulator, message me and we will discuss about it

I already started a project but I'm tired of coding alone, so I'm looking for a patient, motivated and dedicated person to code with me

thks

OP
Teamz

Teamz

J'aime tes seins
I'm coding a NES emu, but I don't mind starting a new project like GameBoy (I prefer Nintendo consoles ;-) )

I'm still opened to other projects but I would prefer a nintendo 'basic' console

Nighty0

Gentoo n00b
i'm always interested on Nintendo consoles, but i'm only in C++ basics....i made from scratch a hello world, a subnet calculator (for CCNA), binary conversor (for CCNA too), i need some intermediate/advanced books and a hell of more practice... i have some DirectX books, i need to read them too.... but as i said i'm really interested in all emulation scopes....

OFFTOPIC: if someone have a book to indicate, or tutorials, etc about C++, OpenGL, DirectX....
i need to stop to play CS too... coz i can't stop to play when i start... :D :devil: :yawn:

OP
Teamz

Teamz

J'aime tes seins
it will probably be a GameBoy emulator, I just need to figure how many people I'd like to work with. I've never really worked with someone on a project other than at school, so I don't know how hard it is to manage a project with more than 2 persons

refraction

PCSX2 Coder
Teamz said:
it will probably be a GameBoy emulator, I just need to figure how many people I'd like to work with. I've never really worked with someone on a project other than at school, so I don't know how hard it is to manage a project with more than 2 persons

I would suggest getting yourself a Sourceforge project page, CVS will maintain any changes, keeping the files as up to date as they can get without messing about copying each others code over.

deesse

J'aime ce que tu es
Teamz said:

I already started a project but I'm tired of coding alone, so I'm looking for a patient, motivated and dedicated person to code with me

thks

me, me, me !!!

i'm kidding :p

Doomulation

?????????????????????????
Nighty0 said:
i'm always interested on Nintendo consoles, but i'm only in C++ basics....i made from scratch a hello world, a subnet calculator (for CCNA), binary conversor (for CCNA too), i need some intermediate/advanced books and a hell of more practice... i have some DirectX books, i need to read them too.... but as i said i'm really interested in all emulation scopes....

OFFTOPIC: if someone have a book to indicate, or tutorials, etc about C++, OpenGL, DirectX....
i need to stop to play CS too... coz i can't stop to play when i start... :D :devil: :yawn:
Maybe you can do some of the basic stuff then? :p Heehee, well, we will all learn new things from experimenting. I suppose it would go fine... if you know basic. I hope...

OP
Teamz

Teamz

J'aime tes seins
I sent a project request on sourceforge.net, the project 'should' be approved in the next 2 days.

in the meantime I need to talk to people who sent me a message, I will probably only choose 2 persons (I can't choose all of you cuz it's going to be a mess)

this project is meant to help us learn more about console architecture and emulation so we will need to be able to discuss (otherwise we won't be able to help each others)
it means that different timezones COULD be a problem, but we will see

GbaGuy

I aswell would like to join you in the creation of a GameBoy emulator.

I figure I ought to show something for myself, so... uh...
Me and 2 other guys (that I know from NESDev) are working on
an NES emulator that is quite far along (one of them is working on
a large update, after which we will be on SourceForge, project name:
nespp).

I (alone this time) have tried more||less twice to write a GameBoy emulator.
Problems (of course) tied mostly to my lack of understanding of the
interrupt system in the thing. I had started on a totally new CPU core
before I saw this thread. As for showing something of myself, the current
code for the new core (2nd rewrite, this time with ASM which is better
for instructions that set flags), I will upload to my website at:
http://k2pts.home.comcast.net/gbaguy/cgbcpu.cpp

Even if I don't get chosen, I would love to see the source as it evolves
into a working emu. . :)

- GbaGuy

-//zAe\\-

GbaGuy said:
I aswell would like to join you in the creation of a GameBoy emulator.

I figure I ought to show something for myself, so... uh...
Me and 2 other guys (that I know from NESDev) are working on
an NES emulator that is quite far along (one of them is working on
a large update, after which we will be on SourceForge, project name:
nespp).

I (alone this time) have tried more||less twice to write a GameBoy emulator.
Problems (of course) tied mostly to my lack of understanding of the
interrupt system in the thing. I had started on a totally new CPU core
before I saw this thread. As for showing something of myself, the current
code for the new core (2nd rewrite, this time with ASM which is better
for instructions that set flags), I will upload to my website at:
http://k2pts.home.comcast.net/gbaguy/cgbcpu.cpp

Even if I don't get chosen, I would love to see the source as it evolves
into a working emu. . :)

- GbaGuy
Nice :) , Really Nice :)
I feel the power in you :p ! (just kidding)
Anyway it is nice to me to see you here!

Doomulation

Teamz said:
I sent a project request on sourceforge.net, the project 'should' be approved in the next 2 days.

in the meantime I need to talk to people who sent me a message, I will probably only choose 2 persons (I can't choose all of you cuz it's going to be a mess)

this project is meant to help us learn more about console architecture and emulation so we will need to be able to discuss (otherwise we won't be able to help each others)
it means that different timezones COULD be a problem, but we will see
I know what you mean about timezones =/ Seems that we'd need a private board to discuss on :p
Ohhh ohhh, which two could it be that will be chosen? Oh oh! Tension rising!

OP
Teamz

Teamz

J'aime tes seins
'lo!

I have finally chosen 2 people : gbaguy and zAe

there are no particular reason other than I was able to talk to them frequently

sorry to everyone else who sent me a private msg or that replied here

btw, I might need someone else to work on another emu .. but time will tell

Doomulation

Yeah... curse timezones and stuff.
Well, if you do find another project to work on I'm available since break is coming, hopefully I'll be able to be online much later than I currently am ....

Oh well.

refraction

PCSX2 Coder
timezones.. what a pain haha, liek the guy im working with, i live in the uk n he lives in california so a couple of hours before i goto bed he comes online haha

Doomulation

Aye that's a pain >_< ...
And I know it too well... sigh.
It destroys for you more than you can imagine...