What's new

General Crazyness!

Quvack

With PearPC out, and me being crazy I thought I'd give SixtyForce a try, hehe. It works! So veerrrrryyyy verrryyy slowly but yeah u gotta kinda expect that when emulating a G3 Mac on Windows, while its emulating the n64. I'll post more if I get any further, this is Aero Gauge (E) at the language selection screen.

apexad

Since the network is not working on the windows version yet, I am assuming that you had to burn those files to a fake cd/iso then copy them? alot of work. How fast is your system?

I wonder how fast this would run on an Athlon 64 FX-53. What I'd like to see though, is a mac using virtual pc to emulate windows, then that copy of windows emulating a mac with ppc, and then that mac emulationg windows, emulating another mac, then that mac emulating n64. where's a 30Ghz processor when you need it?

Flash

Technomage
apexad said:
Since the network is not working on the windows version yet, I am assuming that you had to burn those files to a fake cd/iso then copy them? alot of work.

Experimental PearPC/Win32 build w/ network and fullscreen support

And there's some mac drive/image explorers so no need to create isos :)

I wonder how fast this would run on an Athlon 64 FX-53. What I'd like to see though, is a mac using virtual pc to emulate windows, then that copy of windows emulating a mac with ppc, and then that mac emulationg windows, emulating another mac, then that mac emulating n64. where's a 30Ghz processor when you need it?
you can do it on iBook w/G3-300 but you'll get about 0.2fpm (frames per minute :D )

OP
Quvack

Quvack

apexad said:
Since the network is not working on the windows version yet, I am assuming that you had to burn those files to a fake cd/iso then copy them? alot of work. How fast is your system?

My System is a Athlon 1800+, 512mb ram, 256mb Radeon 9600 Pro, WinXP Pro w/SP1, blah blah :p

I used WinISO to put the various roms/applications I needed into a fake ISO and then loaded that up within the emulator itself. It's extremly slow but much faster than I ever thought I'd see a G3 Mac emulator on my pc anyway :) Annddd its fine if you have plenty of other things 2 do around the house! Newer versions of PearPC are much quicker than the build I tried it with but I'm yet to try anything crazy with them. Exam time and all.

Lol I tried to run Virtual PC under PearPC, but unfortunatly it crashed the version I tried it with. :p