What's new

ATI: Great performance tuneup

Huuf

Zelda fanatic
All ATI cards users I suggest if you want to use Dolphin I suggest you download the latest from www.ati.com because in 80% off the games the speed has on extra 2 fps to 7 fps. \o/

(only downside is that it still doesn't work on most off the n64 emulators)

wxp-w2k-catalyst-8-01-040421a-015419c.exe
Display Driver WXP = 6.14.10.6444
Control Panel = 6.14.10.5103
TV Capture WDM = 6.14.10.6238

Last edited:

emu4ever

Huuf said:
All ATI cards users I suggest if you want to use Dolphin I suggest you download the latest from www.ati.com because in 80% off the games the speed has on extra 2 fps to 7 fps. \o/

(only downside is that it still doesn't work on most off the n64 emulators)

wxp-w2k-catalyst-8-01-040421a-015419c.exe
Display Driver WXP = 6.14.10.6444
Control Panel = 6.14.10.5103
TV Capture WDM = 6.14.10.6238

The ATI's driver is always great!, I have already download it and install the driver.... :)

FDL1

I suggest Omega's drivers. ATI even recognizes them as the best modified drivers.

They are a modified version of ATI's drivers made for gaming performance (while being stable and maintaining the quality).

bLAdEbLA

Insert clever rhetoric here.
ATI's drivers haven't been great for me. In fact, randomly (may be related to card heat) I got mouse freeze (can only move left or right, usually lasts about 10 seconds) and then the display corrupts with a wonderful error message and I have to restart. That is with every version of the drivers, too. :(

legoman666

what in the name of god makes you think that your video drivers are the cause for your _mouse_ freezing????

o_O

i must be missing the logic

gandalf

Member ready to help
Maybe bad overcloking or a problem with the fan cooler cause that freeze and bad stuff

bLAdEbLA

Insert clever rhetoric here.
Actually I've nailed it down to an incompatibility with my sound card and video drivers (and the fact that my video card has no fan) - it brings the whole system down, and if it's not that, it's a nice blue screen relating to my video or sound card.

That's beside the point :), in any case the new drivers really brought the performance of my card down a fair bit, especially within Dolphin.