What's new

Giri Giri 1.04 Gav.

IceFlow2

I can't even get the bios to run for this emulator.

I keep getting an error message in Japanese.

Giri2.gif

I changed the region number to 12 and the I got a different error message with the word BIOS in the front but the rest in Jap.

giri1.gif

I have read the readme and it says to use cmd switches. I have tried adding -disk to the end of the filename but I keep getting error. I have used "-disk" as well but it doesent work.

I am adding the switch after the file name ie: gsaturn.exe -disk or "-disk"

I have the game image's and the UK.ROM 1.0 BIOS in the same dir and managed to make a toc.bin file by opening the .cue with gsaturn. when I just click on it nothing happens just a quick black screen.

giri3.gif

I downloaded the Giri Giri 0.8.1b Loader and chose to run image and I get this error:

giri1.gif

When I try to run the game from a Virtual Drive I get this error:

Giri2.gif

I tried placing a WNASPI.dll file from my AHEAD NERO Folder in the gir giri dir and now I get these errors:

giri5.gif
giri6.gif

For some reason when I try to run the .cue file with gentoc.exe by right clicking on it and selecting a program from a list gentoc.exe will not stay after I select it. It dissapears when the window shows what program will be used to open it. This didn't happen the first time that I tried it.

This type of thing has happened before to me I don't understand why it works the first time and then won't work ever again. VERY ANNOYING

Is there another TOC generator available that actually works?

How do I use gentoc.exe properly it gives some instruction in the README but I can seem to find anywhere to enter a line switch. Usually it goes after the file name gentoc.exe "-<cmd>" but this changes the file extension in this case.

Last edited:
OP
IceFlow2

IceFlow2

OK I have tried to just run the emulator without doing anything.
I have added the bios nd nothing else.

When I run glaunch.exe I get this window:

glaunch.gif

When I click on the image I get this error:

Giri2.gif

Shouldnt I at least be able to access the BIOS screen?

OP
IceFlow2

IceFlow2

What makes you think I didn't?

Maybe you should check my other thread about this, this one has become quite outdated, sigh :getlost:

Last edited:

PsyMan

Just Another Wacko ;)
First of all you have to download a utility named GiriTool and then do the following:
Make sure that your bios is named bios.bin and the image of your game is created with CDRwin. The image of your game must contain a xxx.cue file and a xxx.bin file after its creation by CDRwin. Both xxx.cue and xxx.bin need to have a maximum of 8 letters with no spaces (ex: panzdrag.cue and panzdrag.bin). Place both xxx.cue and xxx.bin in the directory where giri-giri is placed. Run GiriTool and select your game image (xxx.bin), select region, press the "run gentoc" button and finally press the button with the saturn logo

OP
IceFlow2

IceFlow2

PsyMan said:
First of all you have to download a utility named GiriTool and then do the following:
Make sure that your bios is named bios.bin and the image of your game is created with CDRwin. The image of your game must contain a xxx.cue file and a xxx.bin file after its creation by CDRwin. Both xxx.cue and xxx.bin need to have a maximum of 8 letters with no spaces (ex: panzdrag.cue and panzdrag.bin). Place both xxx.cue and xxx.bin in the directory where giri-giri is placed. Run GiriTool and select your game image (xxx.bin), select region, press the "run gentoc" button and finally press the button with the saturn logo

Thankyou so very much.
This emulator has been driving me crazy.

Afer all that my problem was not renaming the bios and the game image.

zman

IceFlow2 said:
Damn..

The BIOS Loads alright now but the game won't start.

For all who read this please remember. If the bios loads and all you get is the track info screen in the bios where you can play music, then one of two things is happening. If the play button lights up the game bin/cue and toc.bin and base.ini are close but not correct. Usually just have to set the base.ini to the correct region. If the buttons do not light up the bin/cue is wrong or toc.bin is not set with base.ini meaning incompatible game disk for the emulator. If the emulator boots and all that is left is a blank black void. The audio tracks are absent or when the bin/cue was made the audio tracks where done wrong.

OP
IceFlow2

IceFlow2

For some reason the track info loads instead of the game and while the emu hangs at the saturn screen there is a looping scratching sound until finally the track info screen comes up in Japanese.

The area number (4) in the base.ini is the same as the toc file created with giritool and the game images have worked fine with a previous install of giri giri. I am using the Uk.rom bios renamed to BIOS.BIN. I have run into this problem after installing Cassini.

edit: I have solved the problem.
I think somehow my NIGHTS image got corrupted.

I made a new image and ticked the "read only" box in the file properties and now the game runs fine in both emulators.

Last edited:

rcgamer

the old guy
sorry to dig up this old post , but i feel it should be stickied. i was going insane trying to figure this da*n thing out. thanks psyman, i added to your rep. hell, i might add 10 more times.
and im not exactly a newbie with emulation. so i know this could help out some other people.

Last edited:

PsyMan

Just Another Wacko ;)
Thanks for your good words rcgamer. I always try to help people (especially those who I think that they deserve it) but when I see people demanding things and being ungrateful about any kind of help I regret it...