What's new

Zelda OOT problem

Nameless

Hi there!! I have this problem with Zelda (the game ofcourse, not the chick :p ). As an adult Link, when I go the Goron city and try to enter the king's room at the bottom. The door doesn't open. I've tried everything I can do from withen the game but it's no use. I've talked to the rolling gorron (the king's son I think) and he tells me I must enter that room to reach the fire temple.
I've used a cheat earlier in the game to get all equipment (including the gorron tunic), is this why I can't get in??

Thanks for taking the time to read this. :)

HostLink

You have to stand on the carpet in front of the door, and play (I think) Zelda´s Lullaby, so it will open up for you to enter. If that is not the song try other, but I think that is the one for sure...

OP
N

Nameless

Hmmm, I already tried all these songs while standing over the carpet. Usually the screen u get when u stand in a place where a song is needed (e.g. infront of a time block) and u take out the ocrania is diffrent than the one u get when u take out the ocrania in a general place (e.g. market). Here, when I take it out, it displays the normal (general) screen. Any ideas? Do u think my ATI card has anything to do with it?

HostLink

what do u mean by the "normal" screen? you dont have the lines where u play the song? that is not needed always if that is the case. The only idea I have now is that maybe your ROM is corrupted, so why dont u try a different one?
Also I think your graphics card doesnt enter in the equation, because whatever u get on graphics, if u stand in front of that door and play the correct song, the door must open anyway.

Last edited:
OP
N

Nameless

Sorry, but I don't understand. What is "it"? If u mean the rom then how do I grab it? I scanned it with Goodn64 and I didn't get errors

Doomulation

?????????????????????????
What did GoodN64 say?
It's probably some error here, since it's supposed to be open.
Or maybe you're telling us wrong?

OP
N

Nameless

No, it IS closed. I think it's because I'm supposed to get the Gorron Tunic from the little rolling gorron. But since I already have it (cheating).............Could this be the cause? and if so, can I get rid of it?

Doomulation

Well, if you haven't talked to the goron... hmm, i'm not sure.
Try to talk to him. It's rather simple; just pick up bomb flowers and put them down again. Eventually, he'll roll onto one as they explode. Then talk to him. I think that should open the door.

HostLink

Hey nameless, u dont need to speak to anyone to open the chiefs door, I went directly onto the carpet and played Zeldas Lullaby and that was enough.. maybe u can remove the cheat by re-editing the Ultra.ini if that was the case, but, hey!!! we the real players do not use cheats!! come on, man!! its simple, I know there arre hard parts but if u are gonna be chaeting dont even bother playing the game!! If you are smart enough u will do a fresh restart w/o cheating :)

Doomulation

HostLink said:
Hey nameless, u dont need to speak to anyone to open the chiefs door, I went directly onto the carpet and played Zeldas Lullaby and that was enough.. maybe u can remove the cheat by re-editing the Ultra.ini if that was the case, but, hey!!! we the real players do not use cheats!! come on, man!! its simple, I know there arre hard parts but if u are gonna be chaeting dont even bother playing the game!! If you are smart enough u will do a fresh restart w/o cheating :)
HostLink, you're referring as a kid. You have to play it there to open the door. He's an adult, though.

And what's wrong with cheating? It's fun to cheat. Perhaps it isn't too good to skip parts of the game which you've never done before, but if you have, then there should be no problem skipping it; or at least that's my personal opinion.

Hey, Nameless, I just think I found something else....
You went to adult Link directly, didn't you? You didn't even beat Dodongo's temple! You must open the door as a kid! This is not an issue of the emulator nor rom. It's your own! If you've beaten Forest Temple, then go back to Temple of Time and return to a kid. Goto the goron city and open the door by playing zelda's lullaby in front of the door. Only works as a kid. It should be open as an adult, too.

RJA

The PC Wiz
Host Link, you bird brain, your not supposed to talk about UltraHLE!!

This message board is for only PJ64!!:pissed:
Stop talking about UltraHLE!

HostLink

Sure I am referring to young Link if when mature Link, the door is already open! To the guy who replied me first, I dont found interesting in skipping parts with cheating, no way.

To RZA yes, u are right this is PJ64 topics but my explanations are valid even to the original N64 console, or not?? I just got confuse because I use uhle for that game, sorry to disturb u man!!! haha :)

Be cool

OP
N

Nameless

Look guys. I've done Dodongo's temple while being a kid. I just like to finish the side-quests before continuing the game (which I do in every game of this type) so that when I finish them and go on with the story, I have better equipment and I don't need to stop following the story and get that bonus item I skipped. Sadly, to finish some of the side-quests, u need some items (e.g. hover boots to get the heart in the thives castle). So I cheated :(.

And sometimes cheating is a must to get to the easter-eggs that developers hide in the game (at least this happens alot in pc games). Thanks again for everyones' help and I hope to get this solved. And even if I have to do the game from the start, it's okay 'cause it's a GREAT game. :D

Oh, and I used the "all equipment" cheat, Macca

Doomulation

Nameless said:
Look guys. I've done Dodongo's temple while being a kid. I just like to finish the side-quests before continuing the game (which I do in every game of this type) so that when I finish them and go on with the story, I have better equipment and I don't need to stop following the story and get that bonus item I skipped. Sadly, to finish some of the side-quests, u need some items (e.g. hover boots to get the heart in the thives castle). So I cheated :(.

And sometimes cheating is a must to get to the easter-eggs that developers hide in the game (at least this happens alot in pc games). Thanks again for everyones' help and I hope to get this solved. And even if I have to do the game from the start, it's okay 'cause it's a GREAT game. :D

Oh, and I used the "all equipment" cheat, Macca
Oh, but if you did beat that temple, then the door should be open as an adult.
However, you can skip it, just playing Bolero of Fire. I shall teach a code that only gives you the songs. It's easy to modify so you get medallions you've already gathered.

Here it is:
8111A674 - 001f
8111A676 - ffc0

Simply play Bolero of Fire to warp to the Fire Temple. Then re-modify the cheat for your purpose so you get the medallions you have. Then deactive the cheat; so that you can get medallions, etc...

That should work as a solution for you for the moment. Otherwise, I suggest you re-play the game, and _NOT_ do that sub-quest! 'Cuz it isn't ment to then, if you need some kind of equipment you don't have for the moment.

Good luck.

Teen Gohan

If its not working just get into the FIRE TEMPLE
from the mountain and not from the Goron City

( where you meet biggoro )

and then just jump to the place you were sepoused to start from