What's new

Window resize/ files

R

rico001

The Window keeps resizing in windowed mode when I load a rom. I have to drag it to make it bigger when it is sized wrong. Also when I try to change the window options for the emulator they seem to not change (such as the status bar) Is there anyway to fix this.

Are the LemD3DCombine.dat file or the Project64.rdb files useful or obsolete? I am just telling you for future versions of 1964 and to get help. Thanks.

schibo

Emulator Developer
rico001 said:
The Window keeps resizing in windowed mode when I load a rom. I have to drag it to make it bigger when it is sized wrong. Also when I try to change the window options for the emulator they seem to not change (such as the status bar) Is there anyway to fix this.

Are the LemD3DCombine.dat file or the Project64.rdb files useful or obsolete? I am just telling you for future versions of 1964 and to get help. Thanks.

rico001,

The window is sized to the ROM Browser dimensions on startup. When you resize the window while the ROM Browser is shown, these settings are retained. Afterr a ROM is loaded, the video plugin may resize the window to the resolution that you have set it to. Changing the window size When you close a ROM, the window is resized to your ROM Browser dimensions. Based on your WQindow Options, the Status Bar will show either the Profiler, Emulation Counters, or no Statistics (Disabled). In case you were wondering, which you may or may not have been, Status Bar Monitoring options control the information sent to the Status Bar, but these options are not used to remove the Status Bar. I don't doubt that you are having a problem that those options are not saved, but since I have never heard anyone else having that problem and I cannot reproduce it, all I can suggest at the moment is to try reinstalling 1964.

The 2 files you mentioned are files for the Nemu and PJ64 video plugins, respectively. Many people have complained that these plugins don't work in 1964, but they failed to realize that those plugins require these files, so these files were added to 0.9.9 as a matter of convenience for them and for us. In that respect, yes they are useful. No they are not obsolete, but if new versions of those plugins are ever available you may want to (or may need to) replace them.