What's new

A tribute to Dreamcast, R.I.P.

Jaz

Ex-Mod
With the death of one of my favourite consoles, I see it fair to say nice things about it here.. ;)

Please contribute.. :D

Anyway, my 10 all-time favourite DC games are..

10. Super Runabout
9. Toy Racer
8. Quake III Arena
7. Ferarri F355 Challenge
6. Sonic Adventure
5. Shenmue
4. Crazy Taxi
3. Resident Evil, Code Veronice
2. NFL Blitz 2000
1. House of The Dead 2

dave_luther

Dangerous Dave
i was hoping streets of rage 4 wud come out for dreamcast, it maybe would have saved it (for a bit longer) but SOA didnt know about SOR, apparently its comin out for X box, damn Sega for that.

it was second only to the saturn in my view, sega seemed to die at their peak of producing exellent consoles and games while being criminally overlooked :(

dave_luther

Dangerous Dave
true dreamcast or saturn games didnt even scratch the quality of the games on genesis.

I hope that SOR 4 does REALLY this time come out, stupid sega arent involved just Yuzo Koshiro who made the brill music for the games.

blizz

what!!! no phantasy star? no Grandia 2, no Skies of Arcadia, no Project Justice: Rival Schools 2, Sonic Adventure 2, Mars Matrix or even Bangai-O

cmon, the genesis was the playstation of the early 90s it had sonic and some others... but nothing id jump up and down and rave about... the saturn... Virtua Fighter 2, NiGHTS, Sega Rally<-- 3 of the best games of all time imho... the dc, shenmue, jet set radio, nba2k, crazy taxi... some genuinley brilliant games right there

2fast4u

great. now im just waiting for the day we will bury the ps2 here ... :( and say nice words about it, how great it had been and stuff. i hope this will take a while.

Royal Fool

Your resident know-it-all
Indeed. Or should we bury the GameBoy Color? ???

I've never owned a Dreamcast myself, but my experience with it has been nothing short from wonderful.

OP
Jaz

Jaz

Ex-Mod
blizz said:
what!!! no phantasy star? no Grandia 2, no Skies of Arcadia, no Project Justice: Rival Schools 2, Sonic Adventure 2, Mars Matrix or even Bangai-O
I've never played PSO, but I would really like to. Are the servers still up?

dave_luther

Dangerous Dave
sytaylor said:
cmon, the genesis was the playstation of the early 90s it had sonic and some others... but nothing id jump up and down and rave about... the saturn... Virtua Fighter 2, NiGHTS, Sega Rally<-- 3 of the best games of all time imho... the dc, shenmue, jet set radio, nba2k, crazy taxi... some genuinley brilliant games right there

nothing ud jump down and rave about eh?? What about the classics like SOR, Golden Axe , Shinobi, All the Disney games , The Fifas (which were best for 16 bit consoles), super hangon, and not to mention the classiest of em all Italia 90, which was the most fun footy game ever.

blizz

Jaz said:
I've never played PSO, but I would really like to. Are the servers still up?

yeah according to mate you get three months free phone calls aswell, but wait a bit and get Ver2.

OP
Jaz

Jaz

Ex-Mod
OK, sweet.. :D

I saw Monaco GP Online Edition was released a month or so back, if Dreamarena is still working (and busy), I may have to give it a look.. :D

Oh, and NiGHTS was sweeeet, sytaylor.. :D

Josep

eyerun4phun
no Shenmue 2?! DAh! are you guys insane?! hehe, fabulous game so far, and Soul Calibur?! jeez, head hunters, bomberman, ooga booga, and quake3 on dc was terrible, as it is on any other console except the pc:)

Zero

Liar Liar Pants On Fire!
The future of gaming ....

I knew that the DC wasn't going to exist for long I also knew that there wasn't going to be a sequel to the DC.

In the nearby future (10-15 years) Nintendo will also vanish due to the fact that they are in financial problems (I ain't kiddin this time) just like SEGA did. I don't see the XBOX lasting that long because it's just a Expanded Gaming PC (In my opinion that is) so I ain't seeing a XBOX 2 or such a thing I think eventually Sony will be the one and only company to keep they're console selling and selling for years (this is due to the fact that they already had a big part of the gaming market when they released the PS which got a lot of games other consoles didn't get which caused Sony to capture a lot of the market. Furthermore when the PS2 launched it seemed it wasn't going to last that long but since the price drop and the release of the NGC and the XBOX the PS2 sales have sky rocketed up (Also due to Devil May Cry , MGS2 and others were released in that period in Japan)

2fast4u

wow! would u lend me that crystal ball for a while so i can see in the future too (just send it to germany it's not so far from ur location)?? :)

no seriously. i can't see nintendo going down coz of financial problems. they still have those pesky pokemons to keep 'em above water. i imagine they will make most of their money with rippin' off lil kids (or their parents) thru more of this junk. the actual games market is another pair of shoes.
as far sony i guess the future looks bright.

Last edited:

Zero

Liar Liar Pants On Fire!
The pokemon fab will vanish because quite frankly it's getting annoying (Pokemon Blue,Red,Green,Yellow,Gold,Silver,Crystal,Diamond,Stadium,Stadium2,Snap,Puzzle League) See what I mean ? ???