What's new

Best Settings For...

machspeed

Dead Guy
Hey guys, I was playing some of my roms, and i got alot of them running all right, but some of them have a few minor annoyances...

Perfect Dark: Runs fine on Jabo's Direct3D7 until i get the camera spy out on Level 2...The whole game goes too dark to see anything...Also, on the menues that switch left/right it leaves a 'trail' (hope that's the right description)

Star Wars Shadows of the Empire: The game runs fine (a little fast) for the first level in the snow speeder, and then on the 2nd level when it goes into 3rd person, i get a lot of flickering (i don't see any of this until lvl 2)...I use Jabo's Direct3D6 for this one....(Same thing happens with Body Harvest)

Also, has anyone gotten Star Wars Rogue Squadron or Star Wars Battle for Naboo to work, or do any plugin combinations work?

Thx in advance
machspeed :gunman:

Doomulation

?????????????????????????
Unsupported games, afaik no.
Perfect dark, if I'm correct, only Glide64 and Rice's have this problem fixed.
At least I know Glide64 has it fixed, but I'm kinda sure rice has it fixed too.

Jammy

Spoilet Brat
yep body harvest, Star Wars Battle for Naboo , Star Wars Rogue Squadron dont work properly. Shame really, i want to play these. oh well

OP
machspeed

machspeed

Dead Guy
bummer...They're all great games that i enjoyed mostly when i was younger...I spent the most time on shadows of the empire...That's mostly why i do n64 emulation: it makes me want to go back to a simpler time i guess (im 16 now...)

machspeed

Allnatural

Shadows of the Empire works if you play with the D3D Clear Mode. I think the game requires different settings at different points, but since you can change it realtime it shouldn't be hard to figure out what it needs.

Of course, other video plugins may work better.

OP
machspeed

machspeed

Dead Guy
i haven't had much luck with any of rice's, surprisingly, but i havent changed much of the settings, but going by default jabos d3d6 works so far... I'll try that allnatural, thx for the tip...

I'm also haveing problems with Perfect Dark not drawing anyvideo at all through Glide64 ME .7... I may have a setting i need to enable, but havent had the time to mess around with it too much... a little advice on this subject

EDIT: Perfect Dark is not the only game that draws no video, if that helps at all...

thx

Modem

ph33r teh hammy!
As for shadows of the empire, go to Rom settings and put the D3D clear mode to "only per frame" Doesn't fix the speed issue, but makes the game a little easier to look at. :)
- Modem

OP
machspeed

machspeed

Dead Guy
well, i had it running best on Jabo's D3D6, but there is no rom settings like in d3d7...i've been using d3d6 to play cause it runs the game better... What are your settings for d3d7?

machspeed

Allnatural

machspeed said:
well, i had it running best on Jabo's D3D6, but there is no rom settings like in d3d7...i've been using d3d6 to play cause it runs the game better... What are your settings for d3d7?
Don't use the D3D7 plugin. It's less advanced, and except in certain cases (with some older hardware) it offers no benefits.

OP
machspeed

machspeed

Dead Guy
what are the settings supposed to be for d3d6? i couldnt get shadows of the empire running on Pj64 or 1964 0.9.9... Help please?

Allnatural

machspeed said:
what are the settings supposed to be for d3d6? i couldnt get shadows of the empire running on Pj64 or 1964 0.9.9... Help please?
You were told twice already, change the D3D clear mode.

OP
machspeed

machspeed

Dead Guy
ok i got it... thx guys... i turned on clear mode then a few textures turned black, then i set everything back to the defaults now it works fine...Thx guys!