What's new

Turok seeds of evil switch button?

MEANGUNS

I have a couple questions for the rom Turok seeds of evil.

First it took me for ever to configure my controller because I can’t remember how the buttons are place on the 64 controller, but I think I have it just about right. The only problem I can’t find what button is used to open switches, the (use) button?

What’s the default button for (activate switch) or use button?

Also, I was just wondering, this isn’t the real game right? I mean the real game for the 64 was a lot larger with more maps right? And is there a rom for this game that has all the maps and gore on settings?

machspeed

Dead Guy
Im not 100% sure about your controller problem, but i can assure you that any rom that works, it will be identical to the actual game....They take the actual game and plug it into a USB device and creates a ROM file from the actual cartidge...

machspeed

Allnatural

Turok 2 doesn't have a "use" button, you need only touch switches. If your rom seems to be missing some things (levels, et al) you probably have the Kiosk version (GoodN64 will confirm this). It's essentially a demo version.

Jammy

Spoilet Brat
theres a prob i have in turok 2. Every time i press the L button the game crashes straight away. The game works fine but as soon as i even tap the L button it crashes. Whats this all about?

Allnatural

Jammy said:
theres a prob i have in turok 2. Every time i press the L button the game crashes straight away. The game works fine but as soon as i even tap the L button it crashes. Whats this all about?
Unsupported microcode with the map overlay. I think Smiff added a fix in the 1.5.1 service pack. Do you have the latest version? You can fix it manually by adding this: 49571B97=8 under the heading [Microcode Identifiers] in the rdb. It won't fix the map, but it will stop the crash.

You could also use a different video plugin.

OP
M

MEANGUNS

Allnatural said:
Turok 2 doesn't have a "use" button, you need only touch switches. If your rom seems to be missing some things (levels, et al) you probably have the Kiosk version (GoodN64 will confirm this). It's essentially a demo version.

I just have to run up to the switch and it automatically works??????

Allnatural

MEANGUNS said:
I just have to run up to the switch and it automatically works??????
That's what I wrote. It sounds like you're using the Kiosk version though, so it's possible that some things (like switches) won't work.

Jammy

Spoilet Brat
done your advice allnatural, and the game works perfect now.....even though i dont use the L button anyway unless i get stuck but thanks anyway.