What's new

No flicker problem, just black silhouettes in Paper Mario

deathlok

Using Jabo's Direct3D7 1.40. The game runs just about flawlessly except for a couple of color glitches and characters turning BLACK in certain scenes. Is there anyone running the game perfectly and can tell me what settings they're using? Going a bit nuts here and would like some input. Specs:

1.2ghz amd athlon
Nvidia tnt2 gfx card
640mb ram
creative sound blaster
WinME

OP
D

deathlok

Powerlord said:
Actually, I was wrong, this effect seems to work with Jabo's Direct3D6 1.5.1.

Thanks for mentioning that, v 1.5.1 fixes the BLACK problem and the game is as perfect as it's going to be now. Only glitches that I've noticed so far are the menu and in the opening story before you start to play.

I'm definitely a happy camper :)

EDIT:

Looks like I spoke too soon. The game crashes everytime during the first scene with Bowser now.

Last edited:
OP
D

deathlok

Well I changed the setting for Paper Mario to change memory & cache, and that seems to limit the game crashes, but I don't understand what's causing it in the first place. The error I get after trying to run PJ64 after it crashes is a Direct3D and a invalid plugin error (which is retarded because Jabo's plugin is made for pj64) and I have to restart to play anything again. If it's a Direct3D problem then how is it the game runs without crashing from the moment I start it? It waits for an hour or two into the game or a few minutes, and then just decides to screw up. wtf? Any comments? I have DirectX 9.0a and all the Direct3D tests passed when I checked it. If I can run Hitman 2 on my piece of $%#! machine I don't get how Paper Mario is too much for my card to handle.