What's new

Bad roms and help with repairing pls!

HShadow

Playstation 1 basher
I have got a couple of roms that i think could be knackered and i would like to try to repair them if i can. I downloaded somthing called Bad-to-Good_N64_ROMs_Patches.exe but i have no idea how to use it! When i double click it and save it somewhere it just makes a list of games and thats about it!

Any ideas chaps? I could do with a bit of a walk through if ya could spare the time!

Thanks yall!

Last edited:

Clements

Each of those tiny files is a patch for a known bad rom to a known good rom. First of all, you need to identify which bad rom you have so you know what patch you'll need, so use GoodN64 (+GoodWindows) to rename all your roms. Once you know what type of bad roms you have, find the appropriate patch. You'll now need a program such as IPSWin (found at http://www.smiff.clara.net) to patch your rom. I suggest you back-up your rom first in case it doesn't work. After you have patched it, use GoodN64 to rename the rom again. If it registers as a good [!] rom then it has worked.

OP
HShadow

HShadow

Playstation 1 basher
WOW! That is a lot to follow and do, just to get a rom working! Erm.... thanks for your help. I will try this later tonight and see if i can get somewhere...

Jimbot

PJ64k Support Team
say I need a patch for DKR... where should I get one? on smiffs site, I obtained this:

"There is no sensible way to repair a bad rom, you should delete it and find another copy, preferably from a different source."

Whats that about patches?

Modem

ph33r teh hammy!
Well, there's a bad-to-good n64 roms patch (a few mb). What I *believe* it has is some "parts" of roms that tend to be the part of the roms that are most common being corrupt. I patched Yoshi's Story this way. It works well.
- Modem