What's new

games running on a unmodded saturn

swagger

im running a un modded saturn, but i do own a 8 meg cart that allowes me to play importes .. but since getting hold of a certain emulator that i should not have. i have been downloading games to try out on it and what i found out was that by converting certain games to disk they will play on the saturn its self.. first you need a game disk from the country the copy disk is from

second you need to take the lid of the saturn and tie back the disk open mech so that the saturn does not know you opened lid.

place the real disk in the saturn and switch on . with this cart you get the saturn bios screen come up in stead of the game going straight in to play mode. once the screen say cheaking disk it will stop spinning around just place your copy in and press a button .. the game should play

i have found the best games to convert to disk for the saturn are iso 2048 not the 2352.

these are the games i have got working so far
shining wisdom usa
shining the holy ark pal
shining force 3 usa
tempest 2000 pal
die hard arcade jap
cotton 2 jap
golden axe duel jap
out run jap
decathlete jap
dragon force usa
dead or alive jap
in the hunt jap

update . just tried dragon ball z jap and that works too

im still looking for a 2048 version of silvergun

but to be honest the ??????? emulator is playing over 80% of all saturn games now and if your pc is a good spec play really well . i have played about with it a bit and incorprated other loaders etc and now run from disk img disk bin and cue have full pad support just need to get 4 meg mem cart working on it to play kof 97 etc..

Last edited:

matthew

i still prefer playing on a real saturn in comparison to playing on a pc unless the pc emulated version has hardware acceleration
i got a mod chip but i need a round button saturn to make it work on :p

sb iq

Hello, I am sorry but I do not quite understand Swagger's post. Can someone please go into detail as to how to "tie back the disk open mech"?

I have an Action Replay Plus on my unmodded US Saturn and I can play Japanese games.

Today my friend was lucky enough to snag a copy of Christmas NiGHTS and sent me an ISO and I really, really want to play this game.

I loaded the ISO in Daemon tools, and used Roxio Disc Copier to burn the "CD" in the virtual drive to a blank CD at 2x speed.

I loaded it into my Saturn with the Action Replay Plus and it would not load.

Please help. Also, my computer is so damn old there is no way in Hell it can run a Saturn emu.

Last edited: