What's new

How about a market?!

Xade

Irrelevant Insight
Seriously, with all the talk of hardware around here I've just had an idea. Why not set up some sort of trading forum dedicated to selling hardware parts that you don't need, eBay-style.

Each thread could be another item, and each reply a bid.

Everybody's always after one processor, graphics card or another 'on the cheap'. So why not make it regulated?

Yes, no, maybe?!

Gent

The Soul Reaving Gentleman
Administrator
DuDe said:
An interesting idea, definitely worth looking into.

:p /me watches Dude start gutting all the goods and replacing them with bricks :D

Gorxon

Administrator
It's a interesting subject and I took it up for discussion among the moderators here. Who knows what outcome that will bring though...

OP
Xade

Xade

Irrelevant Insight
Nice!

Good to see you guys take suggestions seriously. But yeah, I have a feeling there'd be a lot of room for creativity with the whole market thing, and that'd it'd be ultra popular, too. And hey, my 5900u is coming on the market soon anyway, so... :D

I've had a couple ideas on this myself in any case, so pm if you want some input...

t0rek

Wilson's Friend
Well, seems to be a good idea but due to my location it will be difficult for me to buy or sell something...

deesse

J'aime ce que tu es
hum, well, how it can be ?

i can imagine the market from each country ;)

do you ship by UPS or Purolator? LoL

OP
Xade

Xade

Irrelevant Insight
Aw c'mon deesse I'm not like aiming to start like some full-on online hardware store, just, y'know, a place where people can arrange buying / selling their hardware.

Each person would be responsible for arranging shipment, payment, etc etc.

Anyway, you forgot FedEx!

And Dude, does Martin have any opinion on this or doesn't he know?

OP
Xade

Xade

Irrelevant Insight
What I should be doing now, what with, y'know, life-changing A-levels heading my way. Ah well...

Know when his exams are?

Vegetable

Banned
Yeah, but what if some new guy registers, sells a a spankin good video card, gets the money, and then runs off?

Slougi

Then we hire vampireuk to fuck him in the ass. Might be a good idea to let only people with 200 posts or so trade.

Niggy G

HTAFC will rise again!!!
Slougi said:
Then we hire vampireuk to fuck him in the ass. Might be a good idea to let only people with 200 posts or so trade.

Or they have to register home address details and something gets sent to them by post that they have to fill in and send back. At least then an the person has an address to trace them.

Slougi

Niggy G said:
Or they have to register home address details and something gets sent to them by post that they have to fill in and send back. At least then an the person has an address to trace them.
And who is gonna pay for and organise to send all that worldwide mail? :rolleyes:

Niggy G

HTAFC will rise again!!!
Slougi said:
And who is gonna pay for and organise to send all that worldwide mail? :rolleyes:

A charge to sign up?
Or maybe your idea 200+ posts only is better?
I dunno i'm just throwing ideas around but i do think its a good idea?

OP
Xade

Xade

Irrelevant Insight
As do I, obviously.

I mean, it's unlikely it'll get put into action in the near future (if ever) and they might just have forgotten about this entirely, but it would certainly be interesting for like a trial period month or two.

But I'll guess only time will tell what Martin and his crew decide to do about this, if anything.

I also think some sort of verification would be handy - but this could be taken care of if membership is limited to those with verified paypal accounts - that way identity and payment are both taken care of, and we wouldn't need any further legalities besides a disclaimer.

Like I said, maybe a trial period with PayPal users could be interesting...