What's new

trouble with Nemu

ILR

I d/loaded it and was about to start it, but as soon as I did I got an error saying I needed a file called 'video.dll'. Anyone know what's wrong or how to fix this?

OP
I

ILR

eh heh heh... :blush: I fixed the problem, very stupid of me.. eh heh. I ran Goldeneye and realized something terribly frightening... the emulation is poor, very very poor. I heard NEmu was supposed to be the best... am i doing something wrong or is there anything i can do?

Zeratul

Nemu is pretty good....On my cpu.. I remember downloading it for my friend on his comp and it runs around 30 fps..But on my cpu it runs around 50-60 fps..if your talking bout the graphics Nemu doesn't support many graphics on most of the games. Only game i know so far perfected is Mario64. Even Mario Kart has some problem..But I'm sure all that will be fixed in the next version. And dont ask when because none of us knows..

OP
I

ILR

what would you suggest to be the best for goldeneye? And is there any emu's that use mouse to analog for input? I'm trying to set up Goldeneye so it uses classic mouse+keyboard FPS settings. With a mouse and keyboard the game would be a blast to play.

Xenon

To play goldeneye, try using ultrahle. Even though its quite old, it can play some of the games faster than nemu e.g. mario kart racing, "goldeneye". If that doesn't work, try and find the french version of ultrahle.

:cool:

Zeratul

Lets not rely on PJ64 100% now. It may be the best but some emus beat the problems that existes within the pj64. Like THPS2, the graphic is way too dark to see. Nemu fixes that problem. Im sure there are much more that I don't know about. Not saying pj64 is bad, I'm just saying don't suggest a solution before trying it out yourself. Because when it doesn't work, it fraustrates people.

flow``

flow``
what is the point of downloading the "goldeneye config" and then re-configing the settings?

if your looking for the most easy to use, compatible, and configurable plugin i'd suggest jabo's, nrage's, or SJR's.

If your looking for speed and good performace, and have an adaptoid, i'd suggest going with uhle and the adaptoid hack (or suprahle, which seems to offer alittle more on the joystick/keyboard config side of things)

OP
I

ILR

what frusterates me out of trying new emulators is this one very unproffessional thing: the programs don't even run. I'll make sure I have all the necessary files but for most emulators I get an error that I can't explain or fix. I can't imagin how hard it must be to predict problems for other people's systems, but THPS2, 1964, UltraHLE and many others DON'T EVEN RUN! Sure I could spend three hours trying to figure out the problem just to realize that the zip file was missing a .cfg or a .dll, it seems a little redundant to me. THE POINT OF ALL THIS: The people who make these things should either write software that installs the programs for us, OR write a txt to explain how to manually install it!!! I read those readme.txt's they don't help. That's why i'm sticking with NEmu and PJ64 currently, cause they run, and hell- they can even emulate sometimes.

Trotterwatch

Or perhaps you could learn to read the readme.txt file properly that is often included with the emulators.

For the record I haven't experienced the problems of the type you seem to be alluding to, and thus don't see the need to try to say that a installer should be done.

The emu programmers do this as a hobby and as such if they don't want to do an installer which wouldn't be needed, then they shouldn't.

To manually install, say 1964:

Download
Copy all plugins from say PJ64 into the plugins folder of 1964
Set up all plugins
Load 1964
Configure Rom path
If game is playable, you can play it
If not, then words to that effect will be on screen for you to read

Hope this helps ;)

Last edited:

Gary Oak

garyoak99
ILR said:
I d/loaded it and was about to start it, but as soon as I did I got an error saying I needed a file called 'video.dll'. Anyone know what's wrong or how to fix this?

Okay, I'm completely new to N64 emulation. I have the same problem, what should I do?

Doomulation

?????????????????????????
Gosh, make sure the video.dll file isn't missing from the directory of where you installed nemu. It needs be there.