What's new

DVD Burning

Hexidecimal

Emutalk Bounty Hunter.
It's painful to admit, but there are still something I just don't know about. My dad bought me a DVD burner, and I happened to mention today I could make DVDs from my DivX that's laying around on my drive (its back already, scary isnt it?)

Well, I don't have any experience with any dvd writing software at all, let alone one thats going to let me put a whole season or half a season of tv episodes on it for my mom, with a menu so she can pick the episode she wants. I can't seem to pirate DVD X Copy, so I'm looking for alternatives, I'm almost positive Nero will do it, but I don't know if I can make the menus, any one willing to toss me a bone here?

khanmeister

Banned
Hexidecimal said:
It's painful to admit, but there are still something I just don't know about. My dad bought me a DVD burner, and I happened to mention today I could make DVDs from my DivX that's laying around on my drive (its back already, scary isnt it?)

Well, I don't have any experience with any dvd writing software at all, let alone one thats going to let me put a whole season or half a season of tv episodes on it for my mom, with a menu so she can pick the episode she wants. I can't seem to pirate DVD X Copy, so I'm looking for alternatives, I'm almost positive Nero will do it, but I don't know if I can make the menus, any one willing to toss me a bone here?

Actually. I'd really like some advice on this topic as well, as would some of my associates.

khanmeister

Banned
blizz said:
well you see, I buy DVDs

That's fine, but some of us need to author custom made DVDs as part of a business model.

Not everybody is trying to pirate movies, at $10 a dvd, it's hardly worth the effort.

Now, shooting pro grade Video and burning it into a pro grade dvd complete with menus and such is a different story.

And I have yet to find any software that I LIKED for this purpose.

OP
Hexidecimal

Hexidecimal

Emutalk Bounty Hunter.
I'm not trying to steal movies, I don't watch enough to bother, but there are some TV shows that I have that aren't on DVD i would like to make saeson DVDs of for my own private use, not resale, *cough Reboot, Daria, DBZ cough*

sheik124

Emutalk Member
Well Hexidecimal, get TMPGEnc DVD Author assuming you already have the MPEG2s and Audio Files (DTS, AC3, MPEG, or PCM), and if you don't, download TMPGEnc to make the MPEG2s (you can buy it, or obtain it otherwise :]) and get BeSweet+AC3Machine from www.doom9.org for making the Dolby Digital files, and if you need more DVD tips you should check out their tutorials, learned alot from them

Xade

Irrelevant Insight
khanmeister said:
Not everybody is trying to pirate movies, at $10 a dvd, it's hardly worth the effort.

Sounds like someone is getting ripped for their DVD-Rs...

khanmeister

Banned
Xade, I think he was saying that when you can buy an actual movie dvd for $10, it's not worth the trouble of pirating at $1 per disk, plus time spent, etc... ;)

Xade

Irrelevant Insight
khanmeister said:
Xade, I think he was saying that when you can buy an actual movie dvd for $10, it's not worth the trouble of pirating at $1 per disk, plus time spent, etc... ;)

Fair enough. I thought $10 per DVD-R was sliiightly over-priced, y'know...