What's new

Pj64 Error Message Jacobs GFX Plugin

blazer666_UK

I get the following error when running project 64 :

(Using Jacobs Direct3d6 1.5.1 plugin)
Direct 3d faild to initalise your HAL device,

I am running a Radeon 8500 Pro with direct x 9 installed, my card supports direct 3d so anyone got any ideas or suggestions how to fix this

revl8er

That Damn Good
Alot of people have gotten this error recently. We really don't know how to fix this problem yet, but you can try to reinstall directx, or you can try uninstalling pj64 and then reinstalling.

Gent

The Soul Reaving Gentleman
Administrator
Jacobs Direct3d6 1.5.1 plugin :p

I dont get this problem on Jabo's Direct3d6 1.5.1 plugin and i am on a 8500 also.

but saying that i am still on Cats 3.10 as i have heard From Trots and a few other users that the latest drivers crap out and make you have to use 16bit (ewww) :)

IJTF_Cinder

I have this problem too. Running Catalyst 4.3 drivers.
It's obviously no fault of Jabo's plugin, as it seems ATi has changed how Direct X 6/7 is handled in the drivers. Using a DX8 plugin such as Rice's Daedelus works fine (Though Jabo's DX 7 works better for me).

It could be something coded very strictly in Jabo's plugin too though, that just isn't working with the changes in ATi's drivers, cause I can run some DX 6/7 PC games just fine.

Heck if I know, just use another plugin till this is figured out

P.S. [Off topic] Smilies aren't working for me (posting with em that is, I can't click on em when replying) in Mozilla Firefox.

Doomulation

?????????????????????????
ai_raVen said:
Im running a 9600 XT and I'm having the same prob. Is anyone having this prob on non ATI cards?
Not I. Never had any problems with pj. But then again, I don't have an ati card.
IJTF_Cinder: I think everyone experiences this, as it doesn't even work in IE.

Modem

ph33r teh hammy!
Doomulation said:
Not I. Never had any problems with pj. But then again, I don't have an ati card.
IJTF_Cinder: I think everyone experiences this, as it doesn't even work in IE.

Because it seems to be only with ATI users with recent drivers. Like Trotterwatch said, you have to set your desktop to 16-bit. Make sure to delete your regestry settings for PJ64 unless you had the emulator running in 16-bit as well.