What's new

Mupen doesnt run on my machine! Please help me!

Neutrinus

Help me, i am a new linux user(installed Red Hat 7.2 two days ago)and i downloaded the binary of the latest version of mupen for Linux. unzipped it, i click on the exe, but nothing happens! what can i do?

Hacktarux

Emulator Developer
run the program from the console, hopefully it'll display an error message :

cd the_folder_where_you_have_uncompressed_the_archive/
./mupen64

Hacktarux

Emulator Developer
OK, the binary i've compiled is using a recent glibc, and redhat 7.2 is an old distro now that's why you're having this problem. It's not a big problem anyway, you can still compile the binary yourself : usually you only have to uncompress the source code archive and to type "make".

OP
N

Neutrinus

gcc -DX86 -O3 -fomit-frame-pointer -funroll-loops -ffast-math -mcpu=athlon -Wall -pipe -c -o main/rom.o main/rom.c
gcc -DX86 -O3 -fomit-frame-pointer -funroll-loops -ffast-math -mcpu=athlon -Wall -pipe -c -o r4300/r4300.o r4300/r4300.c
gcc -DX86 -O3 -fomit-frame-pointer -funroll-loops -ffast-math -mcpu=athlon -Wall -pipe -c -o r4300/cop0.o r4300/cop0.c
gcc -DX86 -O3 -fomit-frame-pointer -funroll-loops -ffast-math -mcpu=athlon -Wall -pipe -c -o r4300/special.o r4300/special.c
gcc -DX86 -O3 -fomit-frame-pointer -funroll-loops -ffast-math -mcpu=athlon -Wall -pipe -c -o r4300/regimm.o r4300/regimm.c
gcc -DX86 -O3 -fomit-frame-pointer -funroll-loops -ffast-math -mcpu=athlon -Wall -pipe -c -o r4300/exception.o r4300/exception.c
gcc -DX86 -O3 -fomit-frame-pointer -funroll-loops -ffast-math -mcpu=athlon -Wall -pipe -c -o memory/tlb.o memory/tlb.c
gcc -DX86 -O3 -fomit-frame-pointer -funroll-loops -ffast-math -mcpu=athlon -Wall -pipe -c -o memory/memory.o memory/memory.c
gcc -DX86 -O3 -fomit-frame-pointer -funroll-loops -ffast-math -mcpu=athlon -Wall -pipe -c -o memory/dma.o memory/dma.c
gcc -DX86 -O3 -fomit-frame-pointer -funroll-loops -ffast-math -mcpu=athlon -Wall -pipe -c -o r4300/interupt.o r4300/interupt.c
r4300/interupt.c:33:21: SDL/SDL.h: No such file or directory
r4300/interupt.c: In function `vi_interupt':
r4300/interupt.c:133: warning: implicit declaration of function `SDL_PumpEvents'make: *** [r4300/interupt.o] Error 1

xcuse me if i'm flooding the thread...now whats wrong?

Hacktarux

Emulator Developer
It's a multimedia library used by many portable games, emulators...

You can probably find a package provided with your distro (i'm not sure of it as i haven't used any redhat since a long time). Otherwise, go to www.libsdl.org where you can download the source code....

OP
N

Neutrinus

ok i downloaded SDL-1.2.7.tar.gz...how i can use it? the command "make" spits an error msg. ok stop laugh, i know i am noob :)

OP
N

Neutrinus

/configure goes well. make is spitting a big bunch of rubbish on the console, and doesnt seem to stop...maybe is in loop...

OP
N

Neutrinus

it finished,that's not a loop... i do make install.
make-d. now what i do?

:yawn:here in italy are 00:30 of morning...now i go to bed, if you want to answer i'll look tomorrow :) thanks for all:) goodnight!...ZzzZZzzZzZzzZzzzzz z_z

Last edited:

Hacktarux

Emulator Developer
continue compiling mupen64
then you'll have to compile some plugins and put them in the mupen64 plugins/ subfolder.

I guess you'll also have to install the 3d accelerated drivers as you seem to have never done anything with linux...

OP
N

Neutrinus

ok i tryed to compile the mupen with "make", the process now doesnt stop so early but after 30 secs give this error : main/gui_gtk/main_gtk.c: In function `main':
main/gui_gtk/main_gtk.c:1550: parse error before `int'
main/gui_gtk/main_gtk.c:1553: `scanargs' undeclared (first use in this function)main/gui_gtk/main_gtk.c:1553: (Each undeclared identifier is reported only once
main/gui_gtk/main_gtk.c:1553: for each function it appears in.)
make: *** [main/gui_gtk/main_gtk.o] Error 1