What's new

XBox controller

Al_Bundy

I am looking to get a connecter that allows my XBox controoler to be plugged into the computer, now I was wondering whether Project64 would recognise this controller and allow me to use it as a game pad.

Any thoughts...

Thanks

Trotterwatch

That site I posted doesn't sell them anymore (hence the reason I deleted the post). I'm sure someone will give you another suggestion, if you are able to you could always just lop the end of your Xbox controller and stick a USB connector on the end. Personally I'd go the adaptor route though.

Kaoss626

PJ64 recognizes it just fine. Use the Nrage plugin. All 3 of mine work just fine.

You are going to need some drivers. Usually an adapter comes with some but they are all interchangable since the adapter is USB(xbox) to USB(a) or is it (b) I can't ever remember.

Make your own adapter its really not that hard. Look into the Xctrl drivers which will work fine for most aps (they work great for N64 stuff), or look into XBCD drivers which have _much_ better rumble support and other flexibilities. XBCD drivers are good and stable and still under development. Xctrl... ok, stable and no longer under development. Other than that most drivers don't even contend.

HShadow

Playstation 1 basher
Kaoss626 said:
PJ64 recognizes it just fine. Use the Nrage plugin. All 3 of mine work just fine.

You are going to need some drivers. Usually an adapter comes with some but they are all interchangable since the adapter is USB(xbox) to USB(a) or is it (b) I can't ever remember.

Make your own adapter its really not that hard. Look into the Xctrl drivers which will work fine for most aps (they work great for N64 stuff), or look into XBCD drivers which have _much_ better rumble support and other flexibilities. XBCD drivers are good and stable and still under development. Xctrl... ok, stable and no longer under development. Other than that most drivers don't even contend.

I have a Xbox pad working on PC with this driver:http://www.psxpad.com/index_e.php

This driver used analouge buttons! It also rumbles nice. How do u get rumble to work in games on emulator. I dont see an option...

SCORCH

Dose pj64 allow more than one person to play with adapted controllers?
2 player 3, 4?
(For games that you can play with more than one on n64)

And do you need the the super joy box 9, 10 or 11 to play or can you use multiple usb adaptors?

I know there are multiple player setups in the configure controller plugin,
I just want to be sure.