What's new

GBA games on CD-R

minkster

I burned some gba games on a cd-r and when i play them on vba i get an error that says cannot create .sav . so usually whenever i go back into a game after i played it, nothing has been saved. the error messege is anoying and i was wondering if i could config the settings to work with gba games on cd-r.

revl8er

That Damn Good
The reason is can't creat a .sav is because when it saves the game, it usually creates it in the same folder as the game file. You might just want to try to do a quick save instead of using normal saves. Just press shift+f1 to save it to the first save and then press f1 to load it. You can use the other fkeys with shift to save it to another slot.

OP
minkster

minkster

i did config a path for saves in the directory to my documents....and i can use the savestate button,but i still get the error that it wont create .sav's

OP
minkster

minkster

is there anywhere in the vba ini that i can config it to make it work with .sav's

Doomulation

?????????????????????????
Battery, is afaik, the one for native saves. And indeed, it does work to change the path as I've done it myself. To be sure, though, you should change all paths, since it cannot store anything on the cd itself.

Tech

Banned
the games

Minkster i am very curious to know how you burned a gba game to a cdr and also where you got the visualboyadvance ps how old are you?